Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Firaxis owns Civ what will happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Micha

Order it online. Every marketplace has it. I started with EU1 in 1998, when I found it in a wharehouse by chance... Fell in love with Paradox at that time... I bought every single game they made, and until now EU2 is my favourite (followed by HoI, then CK).

What I´m trying to say is: You should REALLY get that game! It´s by far my most-played game ever.

What he said.
    I've spent more time on EU2 since getting it a couple of years ago than I have on any other game.

If you're having problems finding it you could try a compilation that came out a while ago ... http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/lon...sp?gameid=9806

Hmmm ... ... EU1 in 1998?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      I liked EU2 much more then HOI because EU2 is more complicated.
      That was my point.

Agathon said that:
      "It is certainly worth your money and it is probably best to start with EUII before playing Victoria or Hearts of Iron, which are much more complicated games."

HOI is pretty simple game in comparison with EU2.
      But it doesn't really matter, I love all of them EUII, Vicky and HOI.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
        umm..when I went looking no one had it..is this a very old game..EU2 that is..or was it just not a very good game?
        It's about 2-3 years old so in the computer game industry it is ancient. You can sometimes find it in the bargin bin but if you want to get it the best place is one of the online dealers.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

It's about 2-3 years old so in the computer game industry it is ancient. You can sometimes find it in the bargin bin but if you want to get it the best place is one of the online dealers.
          ok..I agree with the "Ancient part"

I ask here because when i went to look I went to "Top shelf" marketplaces and then some lower end sites and even had a kid working at Babbages (ok..they go by Gamestop now) sir..he sez..that game hasnt been released but my records show in a couple weeks (him looking at a pc screen)

so this is the future of service..tell the customer anything..to get rid of him..

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well, at least you can ask them... Over here, they would just look at you like establishing first contact with an alien lifeform.

Like it was said before, Paradox games never made it to the bestseller´s list. I don´t really know why, but I guess it has to do with the fancy graphics - or the lack of them
            Also these games cannot be played for half an hour in the noon break...
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
            Let me eat your yummy brain!
            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Well, at least you can ask them... Over here, they would just look at you like establishing first contact with an alien lifeform.

Like it was said before, Paradox games never made it to the bestseller´s list. I don´t really know why, but I guess it has to do with the fancy graphics - or the lack of them
              thats good..I mean I used to play shooters for hours on end..now..in spurts..whereas I enjoy gaming for hours on end..I enjoy this type..as well as Axis & Allies

I heard from someone here years ago about EUor maybe EU..

I am just gonna stamp my feet until Santa brings it

I am thinking 1 of 2 ways we can get Santa to cooperate

here is the first:

A BRIBE

One of Santas "little helpers"
              Attached Files

Comment

_OR-

I may have to mass -release this picture..
                Attached Files

Comment

I think the complexity, which more then anything makes me enjoy Paradox games, puts some people off. I mean zit faced teenagers are the backbone of the industry and that's why Firaxis is going to make Civ 4 a simpler and quicker game. They want pimply kids with low attention spans to buy the game not those of us who want a more complex game.

Plus Paradox is a small company which doesn't have money for flashy 3rd graphics. They'd likely sell more games if they did.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

HOI is pretty simple game in comparison with EU2.

Really? I find HOI much harder. The sheer variety of units and the tech tree make it more complicated for me.

I find that with EUII I don't have to worry about that stuff.
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well, I guess they mean the principle of play:

In HoI you raise armies, declare war, conquer your enemy and just annex him. That´s all. His entire country will now be yours.

In EU2 you have to take into account which culture and which religion a province has, whether you have a core on it, what the fortification level is in comparison to province supply, how large your badboy count already is and so on... Conquered here doesn´t mean owned
                      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                      Let me eat your yummy brain!
                      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Exactly.
                        Plus economy in HOI is a real joke, as well as diplomacy. But still it's a great game and let's hope HOI2 will be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
                          Exactly.
                          Plus economy in HOI is a real joke, as well as diplomacy. But still it's a great game and let's hope HOI2 will be even better.
                          what..better than a joke?

I wouldnt want to own a joke already have some of them games

ok..now..when does HOI..II come out?

Thanks

Gramps

Comment

HoI2 comes out in the start of January.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                              HoI2 comes out in the start of January.
                              Thanks..Ill definetly check it out

Comment

HOI is the GREAT game. It's combat oriented and less complicated than EU2 and Victoria. It's dedicated to WW2 and limited by only 12 years peiod from 1936 up to 1948, so you can't conquer whole world as Cuba or something (despite, playing as Greece on maximum diffuculty, I did conquer all major powers including USA, except USSR of course, but I could do it too, I had about 1 year for that and already had first nukes. It was in 1.05 and CORE 0.7something, I don't remember. With latest patch and latest CORE mod it's not possible, I guess. Untill 1.05 AI was absolute idiot, in 1.05 it was good. With latest patch and latest CORE mode the game is fun for great and medium powers, minors have no chance without cheating and cheating is not acceptable for me.

Buy both HOI and EU these games sure worth it. Just don't forget to patch them up. Don't wait for HOI 2, by HOI 1 now. It's like to wait for Civ2 while you have never played original Civ. Don't waste this chance, enjoy HOI while nobody enjoys HOI 2, yet. You've already missed this chance with EU2. Don't repeat your mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X