What nation to play for 1066-1953?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What nation to play for 1066-1953?

1. must be european so I don't have to change during EU2 or Vicky.

2. must have some prospect for resources and manpower in HOI, but also playable in CK.

Thinking of Sweden as a cool Scandinavian super grand campaign

Re: What nation to play for 1066-1953?

Originally posted by Ecthy
    1. must be european so I don't have to change during EU2 or Vicky.

2. must have some prospect for resources and manpower in HOI, but also playable in CK.

Thinking of Sweden as a cool Scandinavian super grand campaign
    Are you going to be playing on a hard difficulty? Im playing Poland now on normal (in CK) and my sense (though ive yet to experience the Mongols never having played all the way through) is that it shouldnt be hard to have a much better than OTL position for EU2. And given the ease of playing a large power in EU2( though perhaps not as Poland), it shouldnt be all that hard with any decently placed CK state to reach the beginning of Vicky with an overpowering position. But I speak from inexperience with CK, and with playing all the way through.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Hmm...

Go for a challenge: the Kingdom of Jerusalem!
      Not only will your crusader-states last until the modern era, they'll actually take over the world!

Of course, that would mean you wouldn't start until 1187...

Otherwise, maybe resuscitate the Byzantine Empire, they're European.
      The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
      "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
      "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
      The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Well I was mistaken. I can take my CK game to EU2 and my Vicky game to HOI2, but cannot export from EU2 to Vicky. So it all remains rather academic

Thanks for the hints so far though

LOTM, I reckon any halfway experienced player would become world dominant with any nation to start

Comment

You can convert a CK game to EU3 and a EU2/3 game to Vicky, as it's all text files, but it is not supported from PI's side. It's possible though. Best choice as of now would be the EU2 to Vic converter and the CK to EU2 unofficial converter. They're not perfect, but good enough I guess. I recommend you to try Poland, as this guy has.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
            I recommend you to try Poland, as this guy has.
            Or this guy.
            He's doing the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but he's only just started. Hope it turns out well.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Just tried to convert a EU2 Fantasia game (China, world dominant) into Vicky Rev which didn't work using the prog at the paradox site.

Comment

People actually play Fantasia?

Too bad it didn't work though.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                X