• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't MOO3 in the bargain bins yet?
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Not a chance.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast
        I guess there's something to say for balanced weapons. In running a campaign as the hive against both the Trogarchs and myrmodi, I disdained the use of beam weapons since my best beamer was only 13/13/13 and my best torpedo was something like 29/25/23. better at all ranges.

but while I kicked trogarch butt, I kept having trouble with myrmodi. I realized I need some balance when I went against a myrmodi fleet with twice as many ships and got blasted out of the sky while only killing half of theirs!!

The combat results told the story. Their ECM is just unbelievable! only one missile in 5 was actually hitting their ships! that makes a big difference. all that penetration doesn't do a bit of good if it doesn't even hit
        Cool! Yup, balanced weapons are a good thing as well as balanced fleets. Another thing I used to do was build special planetary bombardment fleets. The ships in those fleets were armed mostly with anti-planet type weapons. Then a fleet of troopships would come in and occupy the planet if it was compatible with my species. I used to call these planet bombardment fleets "dealers of death"!
        signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Working...
        X