SimCountry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimCountry

simulation game, internet game, strategy game, free game, game, turn based, simulation, strategy, cash award, economy, president, ceo

There are a few people from Apolyton who play this game on the White Giant world, and are part of the Apolyton federation for mutual defence.

For those who haven't played this game yet, you can become the president of a country, and control many aspects of that lucky piece of land. You can set the education priorities, control what corporations are built in your country, build a defensive and offensive military, perhaps even conquer other countries. Whilst the detail can be overwhelming at first, many things can be automated until you feel comfortable taking control, and current players should be able to help you with any problems.

For those just interested in the business side of things, you can also (or) choose to become a corporate owner - just building business' in other peoples countries, and hopefully, raking in the cash as you do so. This is much easier to control than a full country, and can be run sucessfully with as little as 1 company (my one-company corporation) or with as many companies as you can afford to build.

When you invite a new user, as an added bonus both parties get an extra 20 B$ which really helps out in the beginning. If anyone wants to join, just post in this thread and an invitation will be sent your way.
    Since my country doesn't really need the bonus, the first person to join can invite the second (thereby getting a 40 B$ bonus), the second can invite the third, and so on.

For those who are playing the game, we can use this thread as an update on how our countries are doing, and discuss federation strategies.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Update on the Empire of Drunken Macaque NoCEOs
    Simcountry is a Virtual Worlds Strategy Game and a Massive Online Free Membership Simulation Game. There are five virtual worlds running with more than 23.000 countries. Simcountry is a MMORPG where presidents run their own countries, build their economies and compete for power. War can be part of the game and many large empires try to dominate regions and continents. Playing a peaceful president is an option and many play the strategic economic game and trade virtual assets.

Celebrations filled the capital of Skanky City over the weekend as the Empire finally reached the landmark population of 5 million people. To comemorate, the president (who wasn't one for much words) expanded the offensive force by 500 fighter planes, raised social security by 2% and increased the priority of middle-level managers. Thankfully, the people were easily amused.

The Empire of Drunken Macaque now has over 5,000,000 people, and a very strong economy. Health and education both have more facilities than required, and enough staff "spare". Social security payments are at 64%, and will slowly be raised to 70% over the next 6 months. Transportation exceeds requirements, and finances are surperb.

Each month, the Empire rakes in over 34 B$, which includes over 5 B$ in interest payments from others. Expences are over 16 B$, with the cost of government around 800 M$ above the monthly cost of defence. Each month, my country pulls in around 18 B$

Corporations in the country are now valued at 3,244 B$

Defence Forces (99.2 index):
    Anti Aircraft Missile Batteries 2,000
    Missile Interceptor Batteries 250
    Short Range Missile Batteries 10
    Armored Vehicles 100
    Helicopters 2,000
    Interceptors 100
    Jeeps 100
    Light Artillery 100
    Light Tanks 100
    Radar Planes 3

Offensive Forces (61.7 index):
    Fighter Planes 1,000
    Attack Helicopters 1,000
    Heavy Jeeps 100
    Long Range Radar Planes 3

Strategic Forces (2.8 index):
    Strategic Bombers 10
    Hydrogen Bombs 25
    Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 1, 2003, 09:14.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I had a country some time ago, but I quit.... I had tests, not enough time.

Say... how do you balance the frickin' budget, in the beginning?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

To be honest, I haven't used the budget yet. It would probably make my country more efficient, but... I'm reluctant.

When my country started out though, I put taxes to 40%, profit payments to 80%, and the two invite bonuses I got really helped keep me above water. I invested heaps into education, didn't do much to roads or rails, but still managed to get quite a large debt. Then I started to slowly make money and pay off loans. The biggest help was buying quality upgrades - now my companies are at 200 quality, and I am raking in the cash.

I have found a nice country with an 11 mil population , so whoever asks for it first can have it.
        Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 1, 2003, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          To be honest, I haven't used the budget yet. It would probably make my country more efficient, but... I'm reluctant.
          Why? Noone will blame you if it goes wrong..........[pause]..........ok, question asked, question answered.

Comment

invitee bonuses! I didn't use those.

Still, I had a deficit of, oh, 60 billion E$, so I don't think it would do much to me.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I have a corporation on White Giant name Lemcorp Incarnate

It's my second corporations there, i closed the first one because i had a $200 bil debt..
              Now i only have $69 bil debt, and my corporations are making money, my networth is $137 bil now, with 3 companies.
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Sorry, I'm loyal only and only to Utopia.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Offensive Forces (61.7 index):
                  Fighter Planes 1,000
                  Attack Helicopters 1,000
                  Heavy Jeeps 100
                  Long Range Radar Planes 3

Gosh, I wanna go back to that game.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

My country is Neo Tantallon. It used to be called Tantallon 2, but I realised how naff that sounded.

My population is 10 million, but my companies are only worth 2.5B, compared to Skanky's 3.4B. Probably my dodgy pricing strategy. My finances are in great shape, with me being able to cut profit-taking from my state companies. Hopefully, I should be able to increase their value by doing this.

I had a problem with my loans when a whole load of my companies went bust, but they've all been cleared now.

My main shortage at the moment is skilled people types. Employment wavers between 95% and 97%, so I've been constantly balancing my education priorities to get necessary people. These shortages have made it difficult to build hospitals and universities. When I took control of Neo Tantallon, I made sure to 'bleed off' the excesses of nurses and engineers that the AI seems to like building up.

Due to these constraints, my military is quite small.

I'm the leader of the Apolyton Federation, but I've been a bit neglectful recently.

Neo Tantallon boasts a long coastline, mountains in the interior, and a spectacular meteor crater.

Comment

Franit Empire salutes you

Remind to give lots of cash to others as loans, you'll have a marginal but steady income every month (interests)
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I started a corporation called FrozzCo Ltd

I'm starting to get the hang of it... but these numbers a confuzzling

Comment

is this game really as complex as it seems at first? how long does it take to play(and do well)?
                          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

yes. Well, in any case, my connection speed got me frustrated with it.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah you probably can't play witout broadband connection.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X