Morrowind - Second Expansion - Bloodmoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrowind - Second Expansion - Bloodmoon

Well, it seems the rumour-mill was right for once.

An exerpt from Morrowind Summit

Bloodmoon News posted by OSheaman
    Well, Bloodmoon has just been released and already rumors are circulating about the new game. First of all, here is the news release from GameSpy Daily (who conveniently forgot to tell their own Morrowind site) (thanks Tyler Wilson)
    Bethesda Softworks revealed a second expansion pack to its popular role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind called The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon. The expansion introduces players to the frozen Island of Solstheim where the Empire has begun establishing a mining colony. But all is not well, as workers become cornered about an ancient prophecy called Bloodmoon and tales of werewolves in the area. Players will get to experience some new thrills in this brand new land including snow, blizzards, and new creatures frost trolls, ice minions, and wolves - just to name a few. Bloodmoon will also offer a number of plotlines that players can pursue - defend and help finish building the mining colony or forsake your humanity completely and join the werewolves. The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon is scheduled for release this May for PC. Visit the official site for more details on what this expansion will offer.
    The official site now has some info up ... www.elderscrolls.com

So even though both MW and Tribunal are riddled with bugs and in my case (and with many other), CTDs, this gives them the right to drop their other incomplete games and charge on like a blind man down a street?

Yeah, I hope Bloodmoon bombs hard.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

did the first expansion sell well? i'd never buy an expansion like bloodmoon. it sounds just like a couple hours worth of quests and new gfx. maybe if they made it more modable or implemented new gameplay features i'd be interested. i'm obviously not a hardcore morrowinder though. i haven't even made a serious dent into the original game.
      Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
        So even though both MW and Tribunal are riddled with bugs and in my case (and with many other), CTDs, this gives them the right to drop their other incomplete games and charge on like a blind man down a street?

Yeah, I hope Bloodmoon bombs hard.
        It's sad to see one of it's biggest supporters not like the game anymore. I don't play either BTW.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I didn't even know there was a first expansion.

I will finish this game. I just can't get into it like other D&D games. But I did love the world. So big and looked really good. I just couldn't get into the combat engine that much. And the character classes just didn't interest me that much.

Comment

I'll be buying this too when it comes out.

Yeah, the combat engine is rough, and there are bugs, and the occasional CTD forces me to take potty breaks, but I just love living in Vvardenfell- its my great escape.

Comment

I will finish the original game though. It is a rich world. But I doubt I will get any expansions.

Have there been any good mods that have came out with the editor?

Comment

QUOTE:

Have there been any good mods that have came out with the editor?

Don't. Tribunal only added about an hour of gameplay, and even then, half the sidequests are unplayable once you beat the main quest. It's also riddled with bugs that cause quest problems.

The only "fan" mods released are pretty much cheat mods, such as the million "Rich Creeper". The mods to remove Cliff Racers are a dime a dozen.

The plug-in is a good idea, but their implimentation of it is flawed, and I blame it for all the CTDs in the game, since even the save games are basicly plug-ins as well.

Tub: After a couple of years in the programming bizz... I'm really harsh on idiot programmers. Sorry. Also, I don't hate the game concept itself, I just bring myself to play it anymore knowing what idiots are behind it.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

QUOTE:
                  Tub: After a couple of years in the programming bizz... I'm really harsh on idiot programmers. Sorry. Also, I don't hate the game concept itself, I just bring myself to play it anymore knowing what idiots are behind it.
                  I understand that. However, for Dissident's sake I think you should mention a certain Mod for Morrowind that was very entertaining and can be found on Apolyton.

I played Daggerfall which was also a good game concept( basically the same idea), but it crashed a lot more frequently than Morrowind does, even pre-patch. So the occasional CTW didn't bother me.

Except that, it only seemed to crash when I hadn't saved in a long while.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

QUOTE:
                    The only "fan" mods released are pretty much cheat mods, such as the million "Rich Creeper". The mods to remove Cliff Racers are a dime a dozen.
                    There are actually a number of pretty darned good mods (I'm biased towards modifying things mind you ) out there and a few total conversions in the works.
                    Giants x, The wilderness mod, adventurers x, and several others add a large number of different creature types and spawn points all over the map.
                    Others add new weps, armours, quests, islands, dungeons, etc. I have about 50 or so in total installed at present and still get the occasional crash every couple of hours but its not too bad.
                    Somebody made up a dungeon with a hundred levels a while ago (Then revised the thing 20 times before I'd even installed it. Grrr. ).

Comment

there isn't much else you can do is there?

Also, I don't hate the game concept itself, I just bring myself to play it anymore knowing what idiots are behind it.
                      *rant warning*

heh, i love talking about morrowind because it could have been such a great game. i did play it non-stop for about 2 weeks but after that i really started to dislike it. it made me mad thinking how much better it could have been. they went to such lengths in certain areas(content) and morrowind could have been a really timeless game if they had added more gameplay features. if they hadn't regressed and instead carried over some of daggerfall's features, like random quests or huge maze dungeons morrowind would have been many times better imo. they spent way too much time on insane numbers of little quests/gfx/spells/items/sound/etc which would have been much better spent on anything ai/combat/gameplay related.

i think you give them too much credit for the concept. it is totally flawed as is. as far as i can tell it's content(content being gfx/sound/meaningless options/mundane quests) over all. maybe they just ran out of time though but it hardly matters now.

there was a huge thread on the morrowind boards complaining about this which was dead on what the problems were. the whole game revolves around combat yet the combat is sooo shallow. most dungeons were also designed for players of low level. of course if you abused the game at all you could basically kill any monster by just getting them stuck since there was horrible clipping problems. someone said they became level 20 by just wandering around and not even exploring more than 15% of the map. that closely mirror my experiences. i remember being quite low level and finding some badass equipment a hill over from one of the first quests. after that i didn't die.

the first dungeon near seyad neen was basically the only time the game was balanced for me. mainly because i was totally clueless, and i was level 1 vs a few baddies. even then i managed to win after 2 tries once i figured out how to abuse the ai. i admit this isn't really unique to morrowind but somehow i felt abusing the ai was the proper way to play this game as the combat system had relatively no thought put into it.

the only time the game was worth playing was when you strictly stuck to the main story quests or any semblance of challenge was lost. of course playing like that basically means the whole point of morrowind's free play design was broken. many people just got bored with the game because you spent so much damn time walking.

if only they had made combat much more skillful, and challenging or added addititional gameplay elements to morrowind. it coulda been a killer game. it was still a great game given today's standards. the first part of the game near balmora and the early quests were enthralling but after i learned i could kill anything and there was relatitively no point to doing quests i got really bored. i mean why do quests? you can find daedra equipment just by randomly exploring and money means nothing in morrowind. maybe quests would be worth doing if they enhanced the gameplay but they don't. ok, so i'm the grandmaster what now? i admit most of my lets downs were perceived by me but compared to daggerfall morrowind is just prettier, not really anything more.
                      Last edited by pg; February 19, 2003, 10:42.

Comment

QUOTE:

There are actually a number of pretty darned good mods (I'm biased towards modifying things mind you ) out there and a few total conversions in the works.
                        Giants x, The wilderness mod, adventurers x, and several others add a large number of different creature types and spawn points all over the map.
                        Others add new weps, armours, quests, islands, dungeons, etc. I have about 50 or so in total installed at present and still get the occasional crash every couple of hours but its not too bad.
                        Somebody made up a dungeon with a hundred levels a while ago (Then revised the thing 20 times before I'd even installed it. Grrr. ).

Yeah if you don't mind corrupted save games.

pg: In case if didn't get the clue from several threads ago... you're not worth argueing against since you'll just rant a call me a liar.

Comment

so much bad talk about morrowind.

why is this game rated so high. And it had several long threads here in other games. It seemed to be more popular at Apolyton than other rpg's like Neverwinter- which I still play with other people.

But I still want to finish this game. it is good enough to do so. I hate buying a game and playing it and then not finishing it. But unfortunately I have done that many times

Comment

i didn't want to argue i just wanted to rant. i was hoping maybe someone shared my opinion. just think what mods would be out for morrowind if they had made it better. sigh.

Comment

I just bought it along with the Tribunial extension, installed the Adventurers 3 Alpha mod and played it for over 6 hours last weekend. (From what I read the Adventurers mod is supposed to balance out many aspects of the game?).

It hasn't crashed once.

I dont know (or want to use) any tactics which will boost my skills 'unfailrly'.

So far, I have really enjoyed playing the game. I must be wrong I guess?

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X