Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sava
    replied
    Eli, you're city has developed very well, but I think you need to organize your zones a little better so that you can control where the traffic goes.

Leave a comment:

• Traianvs
    replied
    Tassagrad the BEST city of the cities I'll create, and the others are simply there to serve.

Tassagrad

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    Originally posted by Eli
    Oh, and where do I put the Water Treatment plant if I have a lot of water pollution? Near the pump or near the facotires?
    I think somewhere in between.
    Check your water pollution overlay. If your pumps are near the water pollution, then put it near your pumps. If the pollution is just in the industrial sector (and spreading out towards the pumps) build it closer to the industry.

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    Build a railway with passenger stations on both sides of the river. Also build some bus stations if you haven't, and subway when your population increases, or if you get really desperate.

The best thing about mass transit is that you get ticket fees from the passengers. I make a decent profit with transit systems in most of my cities.

Leave a comment:

• Eli
    replied
    I cant seem to pass the 9-11k population limit. I heard there are limits in the game beyond which you have to build certain structure to continue growing? Is there a detailed explanation somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• Hakkapeliitta
    replied
    Originally posted by Eli
    It seems that the sims choose roads over highways, when possible, and are generally stupid.
    Build some schools?

Leave a comment:

• Eli
    replied
    It seems that the sims choose roads over highways, when possible, and are generally stupid.

Another question, how can I follow one of "my sims" to work? I want to see the route it takes.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    Eli >> I wish I had the answer to the problem... but I don't, I'm having same problem

And I haven't built any water treatment plants yet, since I don't have a city large enough for this...

Leave a comment:

• Eli
    replied
    Oh, and where do I put the Water Treatment plant if I have a lot of water pollution? Near the pump or near the facotires?

Leave a comment:

• Eli
    replied
    An updated picture.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Eli
    replied
    What I did is to get rid of the congested bridge and build a highway bridge instead. No one was using the highway and everyone started to move to the yellow bridge, which immediately became all red. I razed it.

Now everyone use the highway but there is a lot of congestion in the roads leading to it.

So I razed the Eastern bridge and built another highway bridge instead of it. Still, all the sims seem to flock to that middle highway bridge, thus causing lots of traffic in the roads leading to it. All this, despite having another perfect highway bridge on the East and a road bridge on the West.

Leave a comment:

• Eli
    replied
    I could use some help with the traffic here.

The southern bank is Industry, the shores of the norhtern bank are commercial and the rest of the northern bank is residential. Most of it $.

So basically, most of the residents move through the bridges to work and most of the "work" falls on one briddge.

I scattered a few bus stations around the city(you can see them in the screenshot, I think). It helped, but only temporarily. Most of the bus stations are barely used, and those that are used are only and less than 20-30% capacity.

I added a railroad line... less than 50 people use it.

Any advice?

Basically I need to make the people who live in the Western neighborhoods to use the Western bridge, instead of using the middle one like everyone else.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• vovan
    replied
    Yes. Only the neighboring cities need to give $ for the electricity.

So, you need to start neighbor deals. That's a bit weird to do. I spent a long time trying to figure that one out (about ten-fifteen minutes ). On the finance tab, the one with the simoleon sign. You need to click the income/expense table to bring up the detailed report, and then click "Neighbor deals" from either list. That will bring a list with the possible neighbor deals. Choose the one you want, and how much you want to pay / make, and there ya go.

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    How do I get regional play to work? Do I Just hook everything up? Can I build a power city and i just hook up the power lines and it'll begin giving power to the connected cities?

Help

Leave a comment:

• vovan
    replied
    And this is my first city that is a century old.

(Don't look for a university, it's not there yet. )
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X