No announcement yet.

Railroad Tycoon 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe i have a different version of RRT II than whats being discussed here, but i don't have any problem building tracks to a rival station (rival company gets a cut of the delivery payment) or even building my own station in the same city as a rival company (i've even driven that comany's profits down by delaying trains so that they made delivery or pickup moments before the rival train arrived). As for tunnels, I'm disappointed they weren't allowed in there (those 6-12% grades drained sand in no time flat). For length of them, I would like to think of them as a series of tunnels rather than 1 long tunnel, kind of like the ones going under the Alps. individually, each is pretty darn long. together, it makes for a very long tunnel system (had to ride a bus through some of those tunnels once when an avalanche knocked out the train tracks from Switzerland into Austria)
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I concur with SCG, I can connect to track and stations of the competition. I of course have to pay a fee for using his infrastruczure but there a lot of times when it makes sense to do so.

So long...
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Here you can find the first screenshots of the game.

So long...
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Too bad the screenies are in BMP format and are between 1.5 and 3 MB each... So, I figured, I'd compress them a little bit for those of you on slower connections.

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

Enjoy.
          XBox Live: VovanSim
          xbox.com (login required)
          Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
          Spore page

Comment

Those look beautiful.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Those graphihcs dont really grab me. I hope they arnt the final ones. It looks to me there is just some random houses in the forest, and the train is so small compared to the farm house.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I like those graphics.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                  Those graphihcs dont really grab me. I hope they arnt the final ones. It looks to me there is just some random houses in the forest, and the train is so small compared to the farm house.
                  Just as I thought as I saw the pictures...
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I don't particularly fancy the graphics either, but then I don't care so long as the game is good - which, IMHO, RRT2 wasn't. Anyway, it would be more interesting to see how it looks at maximum zoom-out, which is where most of us spend most time, except when laying down some really obnoxious piece of track.
                    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

These graphics do not grab me either and I hope they will improve them. As moomin said most of us will play zoomed out so we can have more control.

On the other side graphics are not why I would buy a game like that. I hope that we will get some more details on the game itself in the next few days!

So long...

Comment

after seeing those screenshots my interest has effectly dropped to zero for this game. the only impressive thing about them is the draw distance. the models(trains, trees, buildings, etc) look totally out of place. it looks like a college project or something. i prefer the old 2d graphics over these by a longshot.

what's worse though is that those screenshots just make me feel as if the gameplay couldn't possibility be enhanced by 3d graphics like that. it looks like rt3 will most likely be a struggle against the interface. i could be wrong however...
                        Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                          it looks like rt3 will most likely be a struggle against the interface. i could be wrong however...
                          If you have played the other RRT kinda game, that was released about a year ago, which was also 3D, then you know you're right... it's a struggle against the interface... It's diffecult to make this right, so I doubt they will...
                          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                            If you have played the other RRT kinda game, that was released about a year ago, which was also 3D, then you know you're right... it's a struggle against the interface... It's diffecult to make this right, so I doubt they will...
                            i haven't played that game you mentioned but in general 3d is usually horrible for tbs/rts/simulations. there are exceptions of course and removing a free floating camera as being required to play the game is usually going a long way to improving playability.
                            Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                              It looks to me there is just some random houses in the forest, and the train is so small compared to the farm house.
                              To be fair, the early locomotives and carridges weren't all that big.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X