Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroad Tycoon 3

Ya Man!

It looks like PopTop is at it again! I foun the info here furthermore I found some in french. It looks like the game will be release in the latter part of the year. This is the greatest news (in the games industry) which I've heard since Civ 3 was announced. Does anybody else have any information on the game?

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Interesting. I've liked and disliked different Poptop products so I hope this turns out to be a good one.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Ditto. Although RRT 2 is an awesome game and I know that there are a lot of people ou there that are eagerly waiting to get their hands on the 3rd part. I also liked Tropico, which was very funny and a good game overall.

So long...
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

rt2 is ok but i thought it had way too much micro. maybe i just didn't know what i was doing though. it was a flawed game imo - the only time i had fun playing it is in the very beginning when things were much more managable and not mind boggling. most of the scenarios were pretty fun too. small size games of it were very fun too. if they could do away with a lot of the micro and make it so it's not so limited(it needs more gameplay) it'd be great.
        Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

RRT2 dropped the ball completely as far as being a railroad game goes. It was a stock market manipulation game and a poor one at that - the path to victory was always, always the same. The railroad part was boring - just run mail and passagers between the two most distant stations for maximum $$$.

RRT was an all-time classic. I'd be happy to see RRT3 return to that format with the graphics from the second installment.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Nooooooo...

Oh well, I can dump that The Column writing then.

Cheers!
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
              RRT2 dropped the ball completely as far as being a railroad game goes. It was a stock market manipulation game and a poor one at that - the path to victory was always, always the same. The railroad part was boring - just run mail and passagers between the two most distant stations for maximum $$$.

RRT was an all-time classic. I'd be happy to see RRT3 return to that format with the graphics from the second installment.
              I agree.

And I haven't found a PopTop game that I like, including Tropico.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well Ras, I'd like to know what you wrote in your never published, still hidden, old news Column!

So long...

Comment

Well, the news has been for over a few years now that Railroad Tycoon III will be published. However it has been delayed previously and now even further. The comment from PopTop Software earlier last year was that either Tropico 2 or Railroad Tycoon III would be their next project, so as they decided to go for Tropico 2, Railroad Tycoon 3 will be published sometime in 2003-2005 when they get Tropico 2 finished and out. It depends on that.

Moomin,

wrong. Many of the scenarios in the campaign are more challenging than that. Transport Teddy around for his election campaign, make large profits in the States with cattle and sheep and several other interesting scenarios. And even more in TSC.

/me is a RT, RTDX, RT2 and TSC player.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Man, I remember RT. My cousins put a bunch of games on 3.5" disks and that was about the only game we could get to work. The copyprotection was a bit of a problem because you had to guess what the train was but since they let you play with only two trains even if you got it wrong, we eventually got to the point where we had them all memorized.

BTW, this was when I was like 8 years old, had no knowledge of software piracy, and no money to buy games, let alone a store that sold them (we didn't get an EB in the area until I was in High School).

That got me thinking of the times when my bro and I would sit at the computer and play a single player game together... ahhh, good times.
                    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                    New faces...Strange places,
                    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Ah, I always suspected that this is going on but I never had seen anything official about it. I think that RRTII is one of the greatest games to come out and despite its shortcomings it was challenging, fun and with had a high replay value.

So long...

Comment

Sure, RRT2 has some good points. However, overall, I rank it below the original.
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                          Many of the scenarios in the campaign are more challenging than that. Transport Teddy around for his election campaign, make large profits in the States with cattle and sheep and several other interesting scenarios. And even more in TSC.
                          Well, possibly, but I never got around to those. After the game had screwed me over royally, I stopped playing.

Comment

I beg to differ. I never played the original and I can say without any bias that RRTII way truly magnificent. I also loved the music, which generally was bad in games in those years.

So long....

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
                              I beg to differ. I never played the original and I can say without any bias that RRTII way truly magnificent.
                              You have no basis for comparison, then.

Comment

Working...
                              X