Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody who wants to play SimCity 4 MP

There's still rom for more players...

Don't worry about, if you're not good at SimCity 4, you're still welcome to join

Rules:
    Each turn is 2 years. If you miss a turn, you may not play two turns the next turn
    Each turns ends sunday (well... actually monday, when I get home from school )
    Cheating is not allowed
    You may edit your terrain before starting your city, if you reconcile the edges before you start playing
    You have to have at least road connection (if possible) to all neighbors (Be sure to check other cities to see if they have build a road to the edges, but didn't go to your city (with the arrow)... if they don't have the arrow, rebuild the road (by dragging road above the already build road)
    If a player has played the turn, and you haven't, you're advised to download/import their city, before playing your city
    When having played your turn, upload you city ASAP with the upload feature here on apolyton (or if you have some other place)
    You may not run several cities, unless your first city is done (all other players need to say 'ok' if you have finished your turn
    If you screw up your city, and wants to start over, you're welcome. Though since I try to make a history of San Francisco (our region) you'll need to post a newspaper on what happened to your city (could be e.g. disaster) (Read the newspaper section on the site mentioned below, to see examples on how newspapers looks like)
    You may post pictures (and text to the pictures), that'll get uploaded to the site, when updated, but you're only allowed to have 2 pictures for each turn (but unlimited text)
    Be sure to have imported all cities from previously turn, before playing the turn
    When having played your turn, be sure to post your city stats like this:

Pop: 15,516 (+ 15%)
    Com: 6,158 (- 20%)
    Ind: 80,156 (+ 0%)

Where the % shows how much more/less of the specified type you have gained/lost during the turn.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

The game has been started:

Region view:
    If you still wants to join, there's still room
    Check out the link below, to see where there's room:

The site for the city (the history), go here:

The city files:
    Ocean City - Mayor Jonny
    Vovanburg - Mayor Vovansim
    Kregston - Mayor Osweld
    ADGillage - Mayor ADG
    JohnSjVille - Mayor John-SJ
    Elipolis - Mayor Eli
    Maqapulco - Mayor Maquiladora
    Last edited by Adagio; March 21, 2003, 09:37.
    This space is empty... or is it?

Great idea...i wish i had the game already, so i could join
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Well...as I said, you could always join later, when you get the game. I don't think we have enough players inhere, to take all middle size terrains anyway...

Comment

I'm in, sign me up!

The region play should indeed be interesting!

John-SJ

Comment

Good... choose your spot (from the picture I just posted in my first post)... And Lemmy, if you know/believe you'll get the game soon, you may also choose a spot on the above mentioned picture...

Btw, everybody should try to make sure you at least have a road to other cities (if you have your city in one part of the map, it's your own choice if you want to drag a long road across the terrain, but if you city is positioned close to the borders, then you should drag the road...)

I don't know exactly how it works with dragging roads to other cities, but I would be carefull not to build to close to the edge, since roads might destroy buildings where the road is laid...

Comment

Are the multiplayer features even functioning right now? When I tried, I got sent to a website saying that it was not yet ready.

I don't expect to be able to play multiplayer with a pirated copy anyways.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How can you play Sim city MP? Are you competing with each other for finite population or what? I'm doubting you can make nuclear weapons.

Comment

We use the import city feature (each 2 years we download each players regions, then we import the different players city)

And SimCity is not about killing each other, it's about coorporation. Sure we could have small "competitions" saying "Who has the greatest population" or "which city has the best avg IQ", etc...

And no, I'm not planning on using the feature from the SimCity website (who knows when that'll be ready)

Comment

about the picture:
                  HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site.

Have no idea when i'll get the game, and i'll still want to practice some on my own before joining.
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
                    about the picture:
                    HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site.
                    I'll take a look at it (Make some page where you can acces it from...)

EDIT: Works now (Edited the link in first post)
                    Last edited by Adagio; January 24, 2003, 16:53.

Comment

Oh, importing the cities is a good idea. You can count me in.

I'll get back you later about my spot, though. I want to get more of feel for the different map sizes first, and I might want to go with the small sized maps.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I would like to have a river or coast in my land, though, if anyone wants to co-ordinate that....

Maybe you ought to consider using a pre-generated region so that there's some variety to chose from without having to get everyone else to agree and alter their landscape acordingly. (Which would be especially difficult if they have already started their city.)

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'll join this.

ADG, I'll take the medium city square directly to the right of your square.

Comment

This sounds like a great idea, and I would like to join. Though I do have a couple of questions:

Since everybodyy gets a medium / four small lots, what about the large ones? Are they going to stay unsettled?

Secondly, I actually diasgree about the flat terrain. I think it would be more fun to have a pre-built terrain, so that the better players, who want the challenge could choose harder lots, and the folks, who are not so confident in their skills could choose easier lots.
                            XBox Live: VovanSim
                            xbox.com (login required)
                            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                            Spore page

Comment

Oh, and Osweld, I would like a piece of coast on my lot, also, so we could coordinate that.

And also, I'd prefer to have four small lots. So, I would take the group of four to the top-right of ADG's city.
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X