No announcement yet.

Freeware Games For Downloading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look for a free 3D FPS game, have a look at America's Army.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Don't think FPS is Berz's thing........Stratego/Axis and allies certainly aren't FPS.
      Last edited by DrSpike; January 19, 2003, 12:35.

Comment

Hey, you can always expand your horizon, Spikey.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Is that America' army game any good?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's reasonably popular, but it is a very competitive field. Quake3, UT2003, MP Half-life mods, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Medal of Honour and Battlefield 1942 all have thousands upon thousands of active players.

Depends what you want in a FPS really.

Comment

Alva,

I'm not sure how much pro US Army propaganda there is, but I guess not that much. If you have a healthy mind, it's shouldn't cause you any threat or you would get an urgent need to join the US Army. The game should be quite up-to-date and there's updates and new missions available. If you have enough bandwith to download it, I recommend you do that, if you're interested.

Comment

risk 2 pc is a good game too
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

I think there's something wrong with the DL from Underdogs, A&A ironblitz was 30 mb and plays terribly. As the game goes on, everything slows down and becomes intolerable. Unfortunately, I can't find another site to dl the game from...

Comment

Berz: Ehh It works for me, you haven't tried to turn on the music, have you? Because that doesn't really works and makes the game very slow...

Comment

I read the music can slow the game so I set it to minimum with the adjuster in the options section. Is there a place to turn it off completely? Was the dl you got 30mb?

Hmm...I checked the music lever and it wasn't all the way to the end so it was still on a little bit. I moved it to the end and the game is faster, thx.
                      Last edited by Berzerker; January 20, 2003, 21:39.

Comment

There is a nice strategy multipack out there which has A&A,SMAC,Army Men and Panzer General2 for $25 CDN
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                        X