Freeware Games For Downloading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeware Games For Downloading?

Anyone know where I can find freeware games like Axis & Allies and Stratego?

If you're looking for freeware you could try www.the-underdogs.org that has both of them. There's also abondonware there but as we all know that's illegal so I'm talking about the freeware part of the site only.

Comment

Edit: Bleh. Seventeen seconds too late. I did do a search, and the games you mentioned can be found there.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I beat you to that too

Comment

Axis and allies is not abandonware.......but a lot of good games are.

Of course filesharing is an option.

Comment

You should take a look at ASC (Advanced Strategic Command) it's a very well polished open source version of Blue Byte's Battle Isle. They've released a new version quite recently.

Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Axis and allies is not abandonware.......but a lot of good games are.

Of course filesharing is an option.

Just make sure you have an up to date Anti-Virus program is you are going to do that.... since I learned that the HARD way.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05

Just make sure you have an up to date Anti-Virus program is you are going to do that.... since I learned that the HARD way.
                Goes without saying.......scan any exe's you download before running them.

Comment

Thx guys, I didn't know viruses might be in the package

Hmm...I got stratego but don't know how to extract it to a playable form. I'm using winzip but when I click on the finished icon nothing happens.
                  Last edited by Berzerker; January 16, 2003, 06:01.

Comment

Well you should be fine for legit freeware......but otherwise caution should be exercised.

tanstaafl.

Comment

oops, got it working, sure wish i had a fast connection, Axis & Allies takes forever.

Comment

Ugh, Axis & Allies is painfully slow, I guess I'll look for it around town.

Comment

If you can find it at all it will be cheap I'd imagine.

Comment

Just checked the local hastings, axis/allies is no longer being distributed

Comment

I've been there. Check bargain bins everywhere......also check ebay and even some online retailers with large stocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X