No announcement yet.

What should I ask for this Christmas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the genre generally. The Monkey island series (different subgenre maybe ) is my favourite, but I also liked Broken Sword (more like Longest Journey) and Discworld Noir, which was quite a unique game. I'd recommend that one if you missed it and have a passing interest in either the Discworld or film noir.

Comment

Originally posted by Wille
      Well I hated Morrowind because of its interface. Neverwinter Nights is better.
      I came accross a poster in a ES forum, complaing about the lack of keyboard shortcuts and over use of the mouse.

A Bethesda programmer replied saying that everyone lobbied against keyboard shortcuts, and they delivered.

Solver: If you don't mind drag and drop... then MW isn't that bad of a interface. I suggest the PC version if you can get it, so you'll be able to grab Tribunal as well.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
        I remember reading a lot about this when it was released, but I never saw a copy. Is it good? I like adventure games with strong stories.
        The Longets Journey is great. The story is real great. So if you like adventure games, with a great story...then this is the one...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Maybe Santa can hunt it down in a bargain bin somewhere.

Comment

while you're at it, ask Santa for DN:forever
            did he stash it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

The Longets Journey is great. The story is real great. So if you like adventure games, with a great story...then this is the one...
              I second this.

Another great game might be Simcity4 for you- when it comes out that is (soon).

Comment

I hate sim city *gasp*.

Yes, you read it right, I hate sim city, the sims, and sim anything else. The open-endedness makes me want to reach for my mouse cord and use it to strangle myself. Give me a game with a well-defined goal any day. Since this is going to generate some discussion I will start a "I hate sim city" thread.

Hence I wont be buying sim city 4000.

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                  I second this.

Another great game might be Simcity4 for you- when it comes out that is (soon).
                  Yes, SimCity 4 will be a much better game, but the title of this thread is: "What should I ask for Christmas", while SimCity 4 wont be out before the end of January...

(...)
                  Yes, you read it right, I hate sim city, the sims, and sim anything else. The open-endedness makes me want to reach for my mouse cord and use it to strangle myself.
                  That's the good part of SimCity, there's no ending. But if you really want to have a goal, just make one up, yourself (Saying: "Before year x, I'll have y inhabitants", or "The game will end year x. The number of inhabitants/money will set the highscore")

I guess you wont be able to buy SimCity 4000, since the next SimCity, will be SimCity 4

Comment

It just seems like 4000.

Anyway, post in the I hate sim city thread why I am wrong to hate it.

Comment

It just seems like 4000.
                      If you had just read, what's new in SC4, then you'll know it's not just another sequel...it's THE seqel...

Comment

I hate sim city *gasp*.

Yes, you read it right, I hate sim city, the sims, and sim anything else. The open-endedness makes me want to reach for my mouse cord and use it to strangle myself. Give me a game with a well-defined goal any day. Since this is going to generate some discussion I will start a "I hate sim city" thread.

I find the open endd-ness fun with lots of replay value (I though The Sims was broing as hell, once mouth 2 came,) but if you don't like find, I don't know why raping hoos (or is it just killing? Anthoer thing, why is that sure a challenge? ), beatting up cops, and killing incontes peolpe is fun? (I think I just said what you do in Grand Feith Auto 3, (sorry for the spelling if I'm wrong...) from news reports...) I'll just stick to 007 & Diver.
                        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
                          Civ3, though if you can get another game, I'd recommend Tropico.
                          Definitely not. Civ 3 may not be great, but Tropico is definitely crap.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                            Definitely not. Civ 3 may not be great, but Tropico is definitely crap.
                            \

Alaully, I found it fun, but I had to chop it off so I could get Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 with a Micorsoft WingMan (I think thats what its called) for Christmas.
                            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Working...
                            X