No announcement yet.

Mega-Lo-Mania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't even get that advanced. My people are as dumb as dog****.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

got my Amiga up and running(for the most part!) recently and had a look at this again - still a great game, made me get out the other sensi classics like SWOS, Cannon Fodder and Sensi Golf(I wonder where Mr Civ got his idea from?).
      They produced some (still) great games.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Ah cannon fodder........

Prompts me to start a cannon fodder thread.

Comment

There was something so very playable about all of them, at least on the origonal platform..........makes my eye all misty with the memmory
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Come and post the memories in the cannon fodder thread

Comment

The game was great for its time, even if the sci-fi showdown with laser pistols was a real letdown.

Civ3 feels it has to stack the odds 7:1 or more against you

...and some fools still demand 15:1 or 31:1 or more
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

It was the first strategy game that was enjoyable to me, that it for sure. I got this even before I got civ 1.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                  Do try and put the game in it's context..........such strategy games were rare at the time, and there was a lot mega-lo-lo-mania did well. I remember it fondly.
                  Unfortunately, that's back when Railroad Tycoon and Civ ruled. When was it? 1992?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Sounds about right, though I was remembering it a touch earlier than '92.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I played Mega-lo-mania on my Atari-ST before I bought a 286 PC. The first games I can remember getting for the 286 were Warlords I and RT with Civ not far behind.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

I just checked it, UR was spot on with 1992.

Comment

Woohoo. I wish I were that lucky with lottery tickets.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

From an objective point of view Railroad Tycoon and Civ1 were certainly far better games than Mega-Lo-Mania. Better designed, more depth, strategy etc etc...

However, in 1992 I was only 10/11 years old. Civ and RT were too complicated for me and Mega-Lo-Mania filled a very nice war-gaming niche, which is why I have much fonder memories of it (that and the fact that the sound was hilarious ).
                            Back then Civ and RR were the 'boring games my Dad played'.
                            Last edited by FrustratedPoet; November 30, 2002, 10:00.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

However, in 1992 I was only 10/11 years old. Civ and RR were too complicated for me and Mega-Lo-Mania filled a very nice war-gaming niche, which is why I have much fonder memories of it (that and the fact that the sound was hilarious ).
                              I empathise with this.....I played RT and Civ later on as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X