SimCity 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Timmy Turtle for Mayor!
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

They just posted the transscript of the latest chat here... though not much news there...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yes, the new screenies are pretty nice. I like number 1, that shows the zoo. What they need to do for SimCity 5 is allow people to import their creations from Zoo Tycoon
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

...and their golf park from SimGolf

Comment

...and their skyscrapers from SimTower.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

As stated somewhere above about sprawl, I can't wait to pour concrete all over that icky green lanscape. Yeah, baby!

Comment

I am a little worried about the region concept in SC4. I like it and am looking forward to it, but I do not want to have to build up each city in a region every time. I hated doing that in the Sims when I just wanted to play one family I had to go set up others so that I had Sims to interact with. Why can't they give you the option of letting the computer control the other cities in the region enough so that you can worry about just one city?
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
                  I am a little worried about the region concept in SC4. I like it and am looking forward to it, but I do not want to have to build up each city in a region every time. I hated doing that in the Sims when I just wanted to play one family I had to go set up others so that I had Sims to interact with. Why can't they give you the option of letting the computer control the other cities in the region enough so that you can worry about just one city?

I definately agree with you about the "multi-family" bit. I kind of felt like a was a social worker or something, feeding the nhbrs crumbs a little at a time. From What I see right now, I don't think it will be THAT bad with SC4, but we'll see..

Comment

The way I read it you can have a Region consist of as little as one city screen. Any connections that link to outside the region will connect to SimNation in the same way they always used to. You just won't be able to build a bedroom city or massive seaport because the national demand will be balanced so you will be providing the bulk of the jobs for the bulk of the workforce inside your single cell.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

They have a new video on the official site, and a link to a new ign.com review...

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                        The way I read it you can have a Region consist of as little as one city screen. Any connections that link to outside the region will connect to SimNation in the same way they always used to. You just won't be able to build a bedroom city or massive seaport because the national demand will be balanced so you will be providing the bulk of the jobs for the bulk of the workforce inside your single cell.
                        I haven't read this, but that is good news. I like the region concept and see myself using this from time to time. But I also want to just play one city. If a region can be one city I will be very happy with that feature. Glad that Maxis is considering that and hope they do that with the Sims 2.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

There is a new video and a fansite kit on the official site.
                          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I've read about cemetaries in the game!! Great!!

(Umm, in TheSims sometimes appear ghosts, there, will be a spectral disaster?? )

My fav question is... Will be arcologies in? Pleeeeease?
                            Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
                              It doesn't look like it, I'm afraid .. unless I've missed some big news or they've been keeping it a big secret.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
                                I don't think so, and I don't hope so... I never liked them...

Comment

Working...
                                X