No announcement yet.

Most Rememberal experience with games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two specific moments i remember from Fallout 1.
    1. Killing Gizmo, loved that animation.
    2. Entering the Hub, the atmosphere was excellent, couldn't wait to get to the shop and check out the goodies.

Actually entering any big fallout city for the first time was fun, there was off course Shady Sands, with the first persons you meet.
    In FO2 there was New Reno, Vault City, Klamath (again, the first other city), NCR and San Fransisco were all good.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Attaining the rank of Elite in Elite.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
        Attaining the rank of Elite in Elite.
        mine too

althought he first time to deadly was good too, it just made you think I can take out anything, of course with my energy bomb i could
        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Building my own levels in Duke Nukem 3D (and extracting textures from the demo's of Witchhaven 2, Powerslave/Exhumed and Blood) while listening to The Presidents Of The USA

Losing a war as the Flemish against the French in Civ2 ( I had to defend my last city with riflemen and partisans against French tanks )

Discovering the use of paratroopers after playing Civ2 for over a year

Playing Mortal Kombat 2 in the arcades for the first time

Teamkilling in Unreal Tournament...

Entering the Friendly Arms Inn for the first time in Baldur's Gate...
          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Going through all the border colors on Defender (arcade) and going back to the first(blue?) border.
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Teaming up with a friend to annoy the hell out of our team as dual team-killing demomen in TFC (PC). There's a particularly fun map in which two demomen can continually spam the spawn point with MIRV grenades and mass team-kill (if teamkill is on), or else strip the armor from all teammates and also make it almost impossible for teammates to leave the spawn point (if teamkill is off). If you go in using an alias of a clan that you don't like, then you can usually get the entire clan banned from the server.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That seems to be a flaw of the game.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

We call it clan-killing.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The most momorable experiences have to do with the early days of computer/video games, including:

- Pong
                    - Space Invader
                    - Asteroids
                    - Galaxian/Galaga
                    - Tempest
                    - Decathlon (on the TRS-80)
                    - Archon
                    - Star Raider

Back then, the "wow" factor was great. Now, new games are mostly just so-so.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I think one of my most memorable experiences was playing "Gunsmoke" on the NES, when I was about 8 or 9. I had got stuck on the third level "Commanche Village" for ages - died numerous times and was absolutely having my derriere whipped. I finally completed the level by killing the end of level boss. I went bezerk, running around cheering that I had finally killed the git.

I returned to the game several years later for nostalgia. I completed it at the first time of asking - it was so unbelievably easy! Oh well.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I have 2 major remembrances, separated by a couple of decades.

1. the first time me or my brother made it to the end of Questron. we'd been playing it for a couple of months, each trying to get ahead of the other. I and a friend were there when my brother made it to the bottom of mator's dungeon and into his hideout. I remember the feeling of horror when we were told that ranged weapons don't work here, and again when we found that the guards hit with a percentage of my brother's massive build of hit points. we were both screaming at him to "go this way' , "no, that way' , "hurry up, you're going to DIE!!"

2. the first time I beat OCC on civ2. i'd been going at it for a while, and kept getting killed off for various reasons. With a LOT of help and advice from the civvers here, notably Rah, i finally managed to hold off the after launch invasion until my ship landed. What a feeling
                        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Hehe, i finished Gunsmoke as well a few months ago, it was.. idd so easy!!

i can remember, finishing caesar2, having conquered all that could possibly be conquered, including, hibernia, dacia exterior, etc that the actual romans never conquered!!!

i also remember my first encounter with 'The Thing' in Stonekeep, the most horrible monster i've ever encountered in a game..

then there are the good old duke nukem3d mp games, via modem, with a mate, and more recently, getting 280 kills in Deathmatch Soldier of Fortune in just 20 minutes.. (which is quite insane!!)

of course, the entire Thief game, hiding in dark alleasy and corners, hearing guards pray/ search/ hunt you, was simply great!
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                            i can remember, finishing caesar2, having conquered all that could possibly be conquered, including, hibernia, dacia exterior, etc that the actual romans never conquered!!!
                            One of my favourite things about Caesar II was the guy sayig those place names. For some reason "Africa Proconsularis" sticks in my mind the most.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

i remember quite about ogre battle(snes), shadowrun(snes), ff vi(snes), fallout1(pc), daggerfall(pc), and deus ex(pc) as if i lived that experience in some surreal dream. i also have the same feeling regarding beating the the bosses in doom2 + quake1(mmm telefragging), along with some really well remembered multiplayer matches i played for quake1(like winning some 1v1s on dm6 by 1 frag in overtime).
                              Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

does anyone remember a game called rings of darkness for the spectrum or dragon 32
                                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                                X