Most Rememberal experience with games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Rememberal experience with games

Hi. I'm doing an "in-depth study" on video games. I would appreciate it very much if you could post your most rememberal experience with games on consoles like the NES, SNES PlayStation etc., or on PC's.

Thank you very much for your time

on PC it was Fallout and SMAC, both of those games got interested into respectively RPG's and TBS.

I still remember when i played the fallout demo, just beautifull, it ran a little sluggish on my 120 Mhz comp, but still, it was good
    Now i almost forgot SimCity before all that, spent hours playing that game.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

On PC it was King's bounty, Pirates, first civ, both Jagged Alliance, both Fallouts and Planescape torment.

On console it was King's bounty, Pirates and first Metal Gear. (not for PS, the first Metal Gear with sprite graphics, many, many years ago)

Comment

see my response in off-topic

Comment

AvPGE is the best game out there hands down. I don't care what people say, I love it and still play it.

I just AvP3 doesn't suck as much as AvP2.
          I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

We had possums in the roof and they had dug a small hole through the cieling in our back room, where I was playing Space Invaders on my Atari. My brother and I had a bitter competition going on this game and I was on a new high score with 2 lives up my sleeve, which meant I had been playing at my best for at least 40 minutes (IIRC) when...

...one of the possums pissed long and hard through the hole onto the floor.

I kept playing for perhaps 20 seconds as I badly wanted to increase my high score further, but I had to stop and clean it up. Sometimes RL just can't be ignored

--
            PS. After that the possums had to go, tho I remember we had even fed them through the hole a couple of times.
            "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
            "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
            - Pekka

Comment

Killing Kefka in FFVI (SNES).

Blowing up Moscow (and being blown up along with Moscow) in Raid Over Moscow (Commodore 64).

Killing Dagoth-Ur in Morrowind (PC).

Killing Horrigan in Fallout II (PC).

Killing the Woodsy Lord in Thief (PC).

Getting over 100 kills in 30 minutes (by infecting the other team) in TFC (PC).

Killing Kingpin in Punisher (PC/Arcade).
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Loinburger seems to get off on mass murder.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Yes, there does seem to be a bit of a theme there.

Not a fan of The Sims, Loin?
                  "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                  "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                  - Pekka

Comment

Why wouldn't he be?
                    He could play the "lets have 5 fireplaces, lots of wooden furniture and no doors" version of the game...
                    Although admittedly theres no challenge with that one.

Mine would be destroying the enemy carrier in Carrier Command (pc), leaving me free to take the rest of his islands in peace.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Oh, almost all of my most remembered experiences deal with killing individuals, not entire cities or nations or whatever have you. Blowing up Moscow might count as mass murder, sure, but killing over 100 people in TFC could hardly be construed as murder since they all deserved it (since they were all ****ers who didn't even know how to deal with a simple infection)...

Besides, it's pretty damn tough to have a memorable experience in a non-violent game. "There was this time when I got to level 10 in Tetris. It was awesome!"
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                        Oh, almost all of my most remembered experiences deal with killing individuals, not entire cities or nations or whatever have you. Blowing up Moscow might count as mass murder, sure, but killing over 100 people in TFC could hardly be construed as murder since they all deserved it (since they were all ****ers who didn't even know how to deal with a simple infection)...

Besides, it's pretty damn tough to have a memorable experience in a non-violent game. "There was this time when I got to level 10 in Tetris. It was awesome!"

Only 10? What did you do? Mass Murdered the Game Boy in a fit of rage?

Game Type A... started from level 0... made it to level 18.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I forgot to mention in my other post beating Diablo in Diablo1 and 2. Beating Baal was O.K. in the LOD expansion I guess.

Let's not forget the first time aliens invade your base in X-com

Comment

Okay.

XCOM is pretty intense, esp. when:
                            - running into a new breed of aliens the first few times
                            - night missions
                            - attacking alien battleships and terrorist ships
                            - attacking enemy bases, particularly the final one on Mars

Getting the highest rating in M.U.L.E..

Finishing Ultima 3.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

First time "winning" at civ.
                              The Diablo thing in D2
                              The Duriel thing in D2 with my skeleton summoning necromancer.

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Finishing Ultima 3.
                              That was a toughie for me too. Needing to find a pirate ship to board before going to the isle took me forever.
                              Never around except when you don't need 'em sort of thing

Comment

Working...
                              X