No announcement yet.

Top: Game top list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking the lie of the land I am not very envious right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Were there that many good games in the first half of 2003?
      Chariots of war

Not the greatest game of all time (everybody knows it is CtP2 ) but a fun game.
      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Galactic Civs was pretty good, and Moo3 (patched!!! I hasten to add) is worthy of a second look too.

Tamerlin, if you liked CoW you might want to try Crown of the North (another paradox game). It includes the latest version of EU2 and an renovated version of Svea Rike 3

Comment

• Thanks Ravagon, the game has arrived in France this week.

But I am allergic to real time games (even EU2)...
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• CoW had realtime battles, no? I don't think of EU2 as more real time than that. I have every significant action set to pause the game.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumbold
              CoW had realtime battles, no? I don't think of EU2 as more real time than that. I have every significant action set to pause the game.
              Not really, it is a bit like a more sophisticated CtP2 battle resolution.

You place your troops on starting positions (front line, flanks, rear lines and so on), select their formation (square, column, line, etc.), their stance (hold, move and hold, assault, etc.) but once you click on the start button you don't have any control on your troops. The decision is thus made before the battle resolution thanks to the quality (or lack of) of the troops, your placement on the board, the right formation choice and the right orders. Nothing close to a real time battle system.

Comment

• Classics:
                1. Civilization I+II
                2. Doom II
                3. Command & Conquer I
                4. WarCraft II
                5. Panzer General and Railroad Tycoon

Aging:
                1. Schleichfahrt (Archimedean Dynasty)
                2. Heroes of Might and Magic III
                3. Half-Life
                4. StarCraft
                5. Jagged Alliance 2 and Anno 1602

Modern:
                1. Mafia
                2. Gothic2
                3. Civilization III

dont play so many games anymore
                half-life2 maybe, but thats not out yet

Yet Gothic2 and Mafia were excellent games!! Very well done and good story/gameplay.

ata

Comment

Working...
                X