• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. Civilization
    2. Championship Manager
    3. Ceasar
    4. Monkey Island
    5. Commando's
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Updated.

quinns: You can vote for another 3 games / series.
      Thanks Skanky Burns... But I don't play any other games computer games.

Comment

• 1) Civilization II
        2) Final Fantasy VII (only FF that kept me hooked to the end)
        3) Metal Gear Solid (another one i couldn't keep away from)
        4) Resident Evil (those steps and creepy doors opening)
        5) Tomb Raider (original - remember when this 1st came out?)

others...

Crash Bandicoot / Crash Team Racing
        Gran Tourismo
        Gameday (original Sony - reason i bought the PS)

yes, my list is heavily influenced by the PS platform, in fact Civ is the only PC game i have played with regularity and yet is ironically my fav game of all time (i've bought and played CTP I and II - with major disappointments and am actually pretty happy with Civ III)

Comment

• Originally posted by quinns

Thanks Skanky Burns... But I don't play any other games computer games.
          Well I have.

Skanky Burns.

Put "Red Alert" just after CIV II (a place as number 4 in my vote).

I am not in doubt, that there is a better game than Stronghold - but it keeps its place as no. 5, as I do not have any better. But that will change very soon after X-mas (I hope ).
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• 1. Civilization Call to Power
            2. Civilization
            3. DOOM
            4. Duke Nukem 3D
            5. Age of empires

Comment

• Official list on the last page of this thread.
              Last edited by Skanky Burns; December 30, 2002, 18:46.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• 1. CTP
                2. "
                3. "
                4. "
                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                Or do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan

Well I have.

Skanky Burns.

Put "Red Alert" just after CIV II (a place as number 4 in my vote).

I am not in doubt, that there is a better game than Stronghold - but it keeps its place as no. 5, as I do not have any better. But that will change very soon after X-mas (I hope ).
                  Hello Mr.Birdman, Merry Christmas and just a note or rather an inquiry, I or rather Santa sent me a present, STRONGHOLD: CRUSADER
                  I will, when I return from services this evening, bein to learn the in's and out's. is this the game you refer to?
                  It looked kewl, so I had Santa add that to the list!

BTW, he felt I had been real good so he got me an extra 128 RAM and a new Graphics Card NVIDIA GeFORCE4 Ti/4200 a 64 bit so I should at least have alittle more fun

Peace

Troll
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Mario is down to tenth!
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Final Fantasy's position is surprisingly high. I never thought people who frequent a Civ forum would be interested in that sort of games. I'm glad I've been proven wrong.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Reminder: There are five voting days left in this poll.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Here's my vote

1. Birth of the federation
                          2. Call to power
                          3. Master of Orion
                          4. Civ 3
                          5. Civil War: Generals
                          "Give us peace in our time",

Stuart Adamson, singer from Big Country, 1958-2001.

Comment

• Skanky Burns >>

You might want to check out the excell thing MarioOne posted in the other Top games thread. It's really great... I don't know what you have, to keep track on the top games, but it's worth a look (if you haven't already)...

Btw, should we keep the games in the next years Top games, to be games released 2002/2003 ???

And if that's the case: What about if there e.g. has been a game released 2001, but in 2002 an addon for the game was released... does that game count as 2001, or 2002 (if we say the newest addon for the game, was released in 2002) ???

I'd say: addons refreshes the games "release date" (But as stated before: addons is not as a standalone "vote", when you vote for a game, you vote for the game + addons)
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• 1. CTP

2 CTP

3 Shining Force

4. Panzer General

5. Civ (excluding Civ3!)

Comment

• Btw, should we keep the games in the next years Top games, to be games released 2002/2003 ???
                                I think it's a wise idea, if not the results will be more or less similar month after month although it will not reflect the game actually played by the Apolytoners but the new games that appeal to us.

And if that's the case: What about if there e.g. has been a game released 2001, but in 2002 an addon for the game was released... does that game count as 2001, or 2002 (if we say the newest addon for the game, was released in 2002) ???
                                I think the addons should be counted as separate votes as soon as they are released. An addon released in 2003 should allow you to vote for it but not for the original game if it has been released before 2002/2003.
                                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X