No announcement yet.

Battlefield: 1942 Multiplayer demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merci. Im downloading Download Accelerator as I type. If I ever do get the mp demo are you up for a game?

Comment

Sure. It can be tough to find a decent public server though (if team damage is on, sometimes you'll get a game with people who think it's just hilarious to kill as many team members as possible), but if you do it's a blast. And I somehow doubt a game with 2 players would be that great.

Comment

After second observation...and buying bf1942 the game. The mplayer action is incredibly boring and choppy. You can go maybe 5 minutes without a CDT on the 2-3 64 player servers they have.

another thing that is bugging me is that anyone can fly a tank, plane...etc.

Tho I have to admit the capture points and capture pardigm is somthing great. I wish WWIIO was like that instead of CTF were a defender is forced to stare at a slit waiting for enemy troops to come in and "Hump" a radio table in a room aptly called the "Murder hole".

Anyone notice the insane amount of cheating on the mp server? I was chillin in one of the buildings watching the door. An infantry in the side of the bunker melted into the walls like the T-1000 and hit me twice with a small arms ( I mean this guy was IN the walls). I came, I found the SOB and tried to shoot him in the face after about a whole clip he unloads on me and kills me. Then like .2 seconds later he falls and dies. The lag is bad in the large server. SP is still fun.

Dammitt....!

"leftover_crack, I told you my in game name when I should have told told my playnet account name. but whats your tag? Im sure I'll have no problem finding you. "

I am taking a break till 1.67? I heard and was reading about the new french airplanes and the new graphics. So Im taking a break. The game is kinda static at the moment and im actually afraid to play. If im on for 5 minutes I want to be on for 5 hours.

My tag is Crack55...i look forward to re-subscribing and running into you in the laffeyyette? (Right) You know I was flying in a hawk awhile ago and looked down and saw a huge formation of stuff and saw Space05. It was near Hastiere with about 100 other troops and stuff.

Comment

I can never recall cities off the top of my head, with the exception of a few where great battles have happend.
          Im in US2AD not laffeyyette, but we work together on many missions, as laffeyyette is much larger than US2AD but US2AD has better leaders and players in general ((me included )).

1.67 should be a great patch! theres an event server this wednesday (tomorrow), CRS wants to stress test thier new settings and see what players think of some new ideas tht wont be in the 1.67 patch but may possibly be in another.

I guess BF1942 has already dug its own grave by the way you talk about it. People clipping is no fun.
          Thats one of the better points of WW2OL, CRS can intervene if you collect evidence of clipping and they will actually do something about it.

no doubt you owned the ei in bf1942 with your WW2OL backround. unless you were playing against other WW2OL players which is highly likely.

ps I'll keep my eye out for you Crack.

Comment

Well back in 1.3-1.2 wwiionline CRS has the same problems with clipping. The Collision setup was so fubared you could crash you plane into a tank and fly away. You could clip anything. There used to be the frankenstien clip where you could actually clip another infantry! It was funny to see 2-3-4 people in a big blob...unable to get out of each other.

Yes but BF1942 is really fun tho. But c'mon its a twitch game. It will be cool until the next twitch game comes out. You know how EA is when it comes to milking it.

But the lag in BF1942 is horrible. I see why WW2O is actually less laggier is cause its graphics are so primitive. (which are about to get a major update. I just hope it doesnt kill my FPS. Which normally is good I get like 60 FPS in normal circumstances and 20-30 in heavy fighting and air fights)

Comment

[threadjack]
              clipping isnt that bad anymore, and its looked down upon by most fellow players.

lag....I hate it. Im getting a satalite in october though
              whihc should fix it just a wee bit. and Im going to start saving my money up so I can buy a newer computer, or maybe I'll just take the "build your own" route again.
              by February at the latest I should be at about 30-40 fps at high graphics ((hopefully)) Im also going to buy new speakers, that will most likely happen in april or may, depending on how expensive the rest of my stuff is.

!S Crack
              [/threadjack]

Comment

I don't have much probs with lag , but it seems, the demo is at the moment , better for MP then the retail version

I wanted to get this game this week (not out yet in europe), but I'm gonna wait awhile, see what happens

The game is faily new, give them some time to work it out. When WWII first came out, it was hardly playable!!

And the cheating is a know problem
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ya im sure EA is working on another patch. There are so much MP cheaters out there. I mentioned you could shoot through walls..if you jump off the apt building you fall below the earth and can look up and shoot people above. The US tank will shoots backwards in MP out the wrong turret side...

Comment

Something awful.com seems to agree with my point of view. Except I found the AI to be quite fun in SP. I cut them to pieces...

SomethingAwful.com offers daily internet news, reviews of horrible movies, games, and social networking, anime and adult parody, and one of the internet's largest forums covering games, movies, computers, sports, anime, cars, and more!

I like the quote about EA support

Comment

btw if you get the chance on that site. Read some of the game reviews. Funny stuff.

"The game is full of technical errors and oversights and since it was published by Electronic Arts you can expect about as much support on these issues as would be offered by a one-legged chair made out of glued-together light bulbs."

Comment

Working...
                      X