X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield: 1942 Multiplayer demo

Can be downloaded at:

130 Megs

Wow, this game is fun. It's a multiplayer team-based fps set in WW2. This multiplayer demo includes one map, Wake Island, and you can choose between the Americans and Japanese. The Americans start out in control of the islands, but the Japanese have a destroyer and an Aircraft carrier - and you can drive any of the vehicles (fighters, bombers, jeeps, tanks - you can even drive the carrier around). I definitely recommend this to everyone (if you can handle the large download).

ya it reminds me of a game i played called world war 2 online. Except with less bugs but a bit less realism.

It is fun tho. If you like this Check out MOHAA, ww2O, and Panzer Commander.

I enjoyed BF42. Im a bit skeptical tho. Afterall it is EA

Comment

oh ya. Check out Aces high too.

And about world war 2 thing. Its got alot of people. like thousands playing on the same world. So it gets laggy. too laggy at times. I wouldnt get it till they fix these basic performance issues. Just a heads up

Comment

gonna check it out, anyone up for a game one of these days?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

What i have seen so far from this game, there is alot of work to do. I still prefer OFP.

the interface in BF could streamlined somewhat and it doesn't have the same atmosphere as OFP IMHO.

still, it's looks promising , let's see what the final version brings
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

The downloading wont be a problem... it's the computer that's the problem... I have played the game, by a friend of mine, and I really doubt my computer will be able to run it...

The game is real fun (I never got to fly the planes though, since them I played against, always were faster than me (Played for 15 minutes...)

The bad part of the game, is the fact that it's about WW2 (I don't like the time between 1900-1990), but I've also heard the game should be mod friendly, so let's hope, someone will make a future mod (Like 2020 A.D.)...

Also, the game is gone gold...
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I don't like the time between 1900-1990
              There's a classic quote for you.
              I didn't like some of those years either
              "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
              "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
              - Pekka

Comment

Im going to dl the demo later on tonight (when Im dling something else)

[thread jack]
                leftover_crack, I told you my in game name when I should have told told my playnet account name. but whats your tag? Im sure I'll have no problem finding you.
                [/thread jack]

Comment

Well, a few weeks after I got it, and I still play it. It's just that fun. I am definitely considering picking up the retail version of this now. The engineer would have to be my favorite class. My favorite tactic, known elsewhere as the "Jihad Jeep" is to throw explosives in the backseat of the jeep, then ready the detonator. Get in the jeep and drive towards enemy tanks or infantry. Bail out before a collision, and hit the detonator, creating a massive explosion. Very cool.

Comment

OMG! jihad jeep!

is there a single player mode for the demo?

Comment

There is a seperate single player demo, which has the Tobruk map instead of Wake Island. It's a hilly desert map with tanks and artillery.

133 MB

Comment

How come computer games are so huge these days?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Isn't the sp demo rather old (beta), het the MP demo, here is where the games' strength is.
                          anyway it isn't out in europe yet ( I think i'm gonna get this one, nice change with civ )

With the in-game brouwer it's actually pretty difficult to find one another, how do you guys get around this??

Comment

because I dont normally download files bigger than 20mb I wouldnt know but you might
                            is there anyplace that I can dowload it in 15-25mb
                            chunks?

Comment

Using a download manager like Download Accelerator will let you stop and resume downloads. Do a search at www.download.com for download managers.

Comment

Working...
                              X