Anyone remember Syndicate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone remember Syndicate?

actually I had syndicate wars. Has anyone ever finished that one? Fun game, but really hard. I got stuck on one mission.

I played (and finished) the original. Then tried syndicate wars. It was too hard.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I loved the original, even completing the expansion pack with some help from a walkthrough. Didn't get into Syndicate Wars though.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Never found Syndicate Wars, I think that it was released when I didn't have any time for video games. Haven't seen it in any bargain bins, either.

I loved Syndicate, though. Nothing says loving like four cyborg mobsters toting miniguns.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I have bought both Syndicate and Syndicate Wars, both great games, would like to see a sequel to them, but I really doubt we will (Haven't heard much from those who made the game...what was their name again...was it Bullfrog, or something?)...I once played Syndicate Wars MP, but it was boring...But SP was awsome, though I didn't finnish the games...without a little cheating...some of the levels was just too hard...

Though as I played MP, it was only against 1 person, might be more interesting if there were more playes...Can it be played over net? I've stil got the game..

Just checked www.bullfrog.com (That was the name then...), and it seems like they haven't been doing anything since Theme Park World...Last good game they made was Populus 3...Back in '99

On ther website, they have a contact us button. Pressed that one, and pressed the link to the feedback/suggestiens email. Wrote a small mail, on why they didn't make any new Syndicate game, but 2 sec. after I send the msg, I got the msg: "Undeliverable"...Are they still "alive", or are they gone forever? They did afterall make a new release last year (Theme Park Inc...Or was it this year?)
          Last edited by Adagio; August 29, 2002, 16:42.
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that bullfrog is kaput, but I dunno for sure. (That doesn't rule out somebody else making a sequel, though, f'rinstance Looking Glass Studios went kaput but Ion Storm (?) got the Thief license and is making Thief 3...)
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Then let's hope, somebody else will make the sequel...

Comment

Cool, I'd really like to play those again. Does anyone know of any abandonware sites that have it?
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Syndicate is one of my all time favourite games........many a happy hour spent on my Amiga playing that beauty.

Comment

I got both of these off of some abandonware site (forget where, though) last year and had much fun going through them.

Comment

I actually bought my copy! Fancy that.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Okay, I found the link myself. I just love it that I can get these old games gratis.
                        syndicate
                        syndicate wars

Also found this great abandonware site.

Me happy....have next week off...will be playing old games...he-he
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Persuadertron!

nothing like an army of vegetable people
                          Talent Optional

Comment

Bullfrog was bought by electronic arts and became a large part part of EA UK - originally in Guildford now somewhere else near Slough i think. Peter Molynoux (sp?) who founded Bullfrog worked for EA for a time and now owns/runs Lion Heart.

Probably too much trivia there.

I've interviewed him a couple of times and his views of the corporate attitude of EA were pretty interesting. i'd figure they hold the rights and they seem to prefer big name brands like Fifa rather than 10 year old amiga games !

Comment

Originally posted by Standup
                              [...] and they seem to prefer big name brands like Fifa rather than 10 year old amiga games !
                              Does people actually buy fifa games? I have yet to see a computer with that game...even a warez copy of that game... Or a football/soccer game in general (fifa is a football/soccer game, right?)

Comment

Working...
                              X