No announcement yet.

Sid speaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chrono - How much of the code is platform specific? Do your coders have some sort of design worked out on how to procede?
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Well, my guess is that e either use magic to rob galleons on the Spainish Main or its a simulation of a counterfeit Magic card scheme.
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
        chrono - How much of the code is platform specific? Do your coders have some sort of design worked out on how to procede?
        Our code will be in C++, for blitting we'll use SDL, so a little test program (a unit walking on a simple map) ran on Linux and Win. The game will (hopefully) do the same.
        We are really not far with our code since our old programmer left us and we started from scratch. Another reason is that noone was really familiar with SDL. Right now we're discussing how a unit and a map class is supposed to be like. Feel free to visit us... just follow the link in my sig. For further discussion on Col2 let's bump the old thread in the Alternative Civs section.

Concerning PoM: I think it is not that hard to imagine a Pirates game in a fantasy world. Perhaps Sid let's us use zeppelins instead of boats.
        Interested in creating a TBS game similar to Colonization?
        Have a look here !
        New C++ programmers needed!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
          Maybe it's going to be a combination of the two games - Pirates of Magic or somesuch.
          That's what is most likely.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
            Maybe it's going to be a combination of the two games - Pirates of Magic or somesuch.
            That might be interesting: Steal the wizard his magic-points and spells and afterwards throw him to the sharks
            Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Working...
            X