No announcement yet.

Warlords III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, it looks quite a lot more like either Age of Wonders or HoMM than the old Warlords.

There is still nothing on the SSG site.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Warlords III is a lot more like HoMM than Warlords II was, since W3's got spells, locations, and hero classes. Warlords IV looks like it's continuing the progression to the point that HoMM IV and Warlords IV are pretty much the same game.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

IIRC, there were locations (ruins etc.) in Warlords 2.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Heck, there've been ruins since day 1 in Warlords. I'll never forget getting the demo for Warlords 1 on my old, old, mac, and becoming completely, ABSOLUTELY addicted!!! I only had 60 turns to play as the elves, but I got soooo good at using those 60 turns I was able to conquer vast stretches of land! Fun! Nothing beats the classics.

However, there is one little game I think all of you are overlooking…

CASTLES: Siege and CONQUEST!
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

There were ruins in Warlords II, but there weren't things like cemetaries, forts, blacksmiths, mills, etc.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'd rather play Castles than Stronghold any day. Hopefully someone will do a faithful modernisation of the old game one of these days.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Yeah… that'd be great.

Maybe castles combined with a bit of shogun like control and such and such.
                Drake Tungsten
                Albert Speer

Comment

Okay, smithies, orchards, stables, lookout towers, weapon masters, etc. Yeah those are quite fun.

What is Castles?

Comment

Castles: Siege and Conquest.
                    A little real time turn based strategy game based on becoming the king from Macplay. A game that touched the hearts of whoever played it!
                    Drake Tungsten
                    Albert Speer

Comment

Darklords Rising is one of my favorite games. Vs. the computer it was ok and got boring, but we have a little online community, rankings and all. http://www.igl.net/warlords/
                      The game is much improved since it's release, there's a patch, new (better) heroes, and new monsters.
                      I didn't see anybody mention the custom set building, over 100 monsters/heroes, each player selects up to 19 that will be available to them> makes for lots of variety, and strategies!
                      I highly recommend this game to any strategy buff.
                      here's a fan site: http://utopia.8m.net/DLR/index.htm
                      and our old msg. board: http://server2.ezboard.com/bwarlords3
                      (bring your popup stopper)

BTW from what i've heard W4 is a HOMM3 clone...
                      Life is Grand!

Comment

Cool

Comment

We could use more players so I'm bumping this thread back to the top
                          Life is Grand!

Comment

Maybe if you post in the OTF...

Comment

viva warlords II an old time favourite... i have the impression that w3 is a bit outdated...
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

It is, if you are speaking of the graphics. Then again, there are plenty of people playing older games.

Comment

Working...
                                X