No announcement yet.

MOHAA - how popular among Apolytoners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOHAA - how popular among Apolytoners?

Noticed on last night's birthday chat that Dan and somone else who's name I can'r remember had played MOHAA (Medal of Honor Allied Assault), so I thought it would be nice to know how popular MOHAA actually is among us on Poly.

Me in person is addicted to MOHAA like to the Civ series, and I'm therefor a quite frequent player of the game.

Some additinal questions...
    General thoughts about the game? Are you a member of a MOHAA clan?

Feel free to small talk about MOHAA.
    Yes!
    57.89%
    No!
    42.11%
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

I was thinking of buying it, but the demo severely insulted my comp - it suggested I should play with 16 colours and 640x480 res.

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaut
      I was thinking of buying it, but the demo severely insulted my comp - it suggested I should play with 16 colours and 640x480 res.
      16 colours? I think you're thinking of 16-bit colours.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

No it said 16 colors. Trust me, that game is i n s a n e.

Comment

Jug,

what kind of a PC are you really using? Still using ol' good VGA graphics?

AFAIK MOHAA only runs automatically in 640x480, 16 mode in Safe Mode, and not as installation default. But I haven't actually played the demo, so I'm not sure about how to adjust the settings in it. But if it's like in the full release MOHAA, choose Settngs in the Map Room of Cabinet War Rooms (that means the main menu). Settings is found in the left corner at the radio. Choose Graphics and choose the right resolution.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

P.S. After that, press Apply.
            Last edited by Rasbelin; July 27, 2002, 23:15.

Comment

Is that all? Just me and somone else who play MOHAA?

Comment

Looks good, never played it, may buy it when the price comes down.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Played it as I was at a netparty, 24 hours later it was deleted, was tooooo boring for me...MP was ok, but SP was
                  This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

The game is awesome. I played it at my friends house. im not gonna buy it tilll the price drops some more.

Comment

ADG,

it's quite easy to understand that SP was boring for you, but you shouldn't expect too much live action, like in i.e. Sniper Town. Omaha Beach and Fort Schmerzen are the two most actionfilled levels available in SP. But just wait when you get to the grande finale; escaping from Fort Schmerzen when the building is about to explode and you're running for your life.

Comment

Mohaa multiplayer is great
                        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                        In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Why buy MOHAA when I can play Day of Defeat for Half-Life for free?

I've tried MOHAA on a friend's computer, and watched them play it several (million) times, and aside from the graphics (Quake 3 engine), the gameplay isn't very impressive.

Comment

As a person who has historically hated FPS I must say that MOHAA is awesome! I think that if you're into WW2 and are not that fussy about realistic physics modelling ala WW2 Online than you will enjoy MOHAA.

I have never been so entertained with a FPS until I bought MOHAA. The details in the game such as weapons, landscapes, etc. are very faithful to history. The gameplay while maybe not as sophisticated as other products out there is still very entertaining. Just my opinion though...................
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

HD,

you stole my words, really. IMHO I share your opinion. For instance in Trondheim I was looking at the poster artwork, when some SS soldiers tried to gun down with their MP40's, but a certain Lt. Powell was more interested in looking at the details; or later on aboard the U-boat it's nice to walk around without having rush anywhere (before setting the explosives). I'm not really either into FPS games usually, but the WWII theme caused me to buy it. And now I'm hooked. The details are quite exact, except the fact that the Tiger II tank is missing its MG.

Comment

Working...
                              X