No announcement yet.

Axis and Allies: European Theater Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is no factory in South Africa on the first turn. and even if there was how did you capture it in your opening move?
    Heh. My roomate always liked to build one there as the british.

As I recall, the method to assault south africa relies on clearing the red sea with aircarft. After which you send the transport through and use the battleship to bombard.

Its not guarenteed to work, but my roomate never took the chance again after that. Which meant my germans ussually had free reign in Africa.

Though it also gave me a bit of trouble as the americans. . .
    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Kc7mxo, Im sorry to tell you this but I think youve been playing wrong.

the order of play is:
      USSR
      Germany
      UK
      Japan
      US

even if your friend built a factory in his first turn theres no way possible you could take it on your first, even if he goes before you. Not to mention you wouldnt be able to take it on your second turn either, unless you've been putting the British Sub that goes in the Mediterranean Sea in the Red sea. But then its only possible after you (as Germany) have captured Anglo-Egypt Sudan and Syria Iraq, making it possible to move through the Suez canal, which means you would have to wait for at least the third turn unless you capture Syria Iraq with an amphib assault which would use your infantry or armor and then you would have to wait yet another turn to load them up. By which time your friend playing Britain should have sunk all of your transports.

btw buying a factory in South Africa is a good idea when playing British

Playing Russia in A&A, I'd usually divide my resources into 1/3 Armor and 2/3 Infantry

when I play good ol' original A&A as Russia I buy all infantry until I can be sure that both of my boarders are fairly secure, at which time I start buying armor and begin pushing the Germans back.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
        when I play good ol' original A&A as Russia I buy all infantry until I can be sure that both of my boarders are fairly secure, at which time I start buying armor and begin pushing the Germans back.
        I used to do that too, but I found that it made my life much easier if I were able to take Scandinavia early on.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Personally I prefer the India Factory for the GLorious Kingdom but it depends on with Whom I play
          The Russian Situation in A&A is completly different from the One in A&A:Europe
          While Russia can pull some impressive Assaults in A&A it cant in A&A:Europe
          Stalling Stalling Stallig is the Key here..

Whats your fav. Nation in A&A anyway?
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Russia! it has the most action
            my favorite axis country is Japan

Comment

Yeah japan all the Way!
              Its so damn Fun to push the Usa arround

Comment

I find it a good idea for Japan and Germany to crush Russia first then Take Africa and south west asia. that way the US is the only threat left

Comment

Well it depends
                  Usually Germany can handle Russia by itself fueled by African Resources, Japan only duverts Russian Forces, takes India and moves with his Fleet to impress the California Girls

Comment

I'm not to impressed with A&A:E after some serious games. The trick is to amass your forces and create "kill zones" for your opponent to fall into. I haven't lost A&A:E playing as Germany this way. With the help of a little air firepower I can easily hold off the Allies in the Atlantic untill turn 3 or even later. In the meantime I keep advancing on Russia. Which can only retreat at this point because it isn't in a position to build enough offensive units to launch a counterattack. It usually ends with Germany and Russia fighting it out in Moscow in one giant slugmatch.
                    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Uhm its not possible for the Allies to mount any serious InvasionFleet before Turn3

Turn1: usa builds transports no destroyers
                      (works only if British send surviving ships to Protect them.. IF there are any
                      Turn2: Usa:Tanks
                      trun3)Fleet can move to Invade
                      but this perfect Landing can seldom be accomplished due to german Subs, Usa needing to send Fighters to shorthand help Russia, the Disexistance of an English Fleet

I agree on the massive Moscow onslaught..
                      55 Tanks&Assistance battle on 60-70 Infantry really is a Long fight if oyu only have 5 dices

Comment

You would be amazed how much damage, 9 subs, some fighters and a bomber can do in the first three turns.

Oh yeah, sometimes my italian battleship also joins in the fun.
                        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                        X