Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis and Allies: European Theater Strategies

hey all,

i just bought Axis and Allies: European Theater the baord game, and me and my friends are goign to sit down to play later tonight.

i havent even openend it yet, but i plan to soon to look at thje board / develop strategies etc.

any vets out there care to share a few strategies with me? for each nation in the game?

thanks in advance.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Steal their units while they aren't looking.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

the forums there seem to have people who know what they're doing.

EDIT: corrected the link
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Is this one much different from the original??
        arn't there allready two version off the latter or is it just a rule change?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

A&A:E is quite different from the original.
          For starters it's a 3 vs. 1 game, one players is germany, the others can play the US, UK or Russia. The theatre includes Europe and the north Atlantic. It offers two new units: destroyers (subhunter) and artillery (which can be combined with infantry to increase their strength). Also a nice feature is the convoy system were you occupy seazone to disrupt allied shipping.
          A number of rules have been changed, but if you played the orginal you should feel right at home.
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            Steal their units while they aren't looking.
            Hey this is a good one have to try it out. Oh have you ever tried it and did it work or have you being caught and banned for the rest of the game because of being naughty ?
            Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

I)Well as germany you really have to Watch your Subs steal the Convoys yet dont put them in Danger you wont ever build additional Subs so watch them!
              Both England and Usa will usually be after them for as long as the Subs are there there will be no Reinforcments to Europe.
              II) Forget Africa its not important for Axis in A&A:Europe
              you can pull up to Egypt but as your Fighters will 'prolly be bbusy saving France from Sea Attacks...
              iii) Allies shall divide their Goals:
              USA: Pumping out Tanks n Transports from Turn One
              Russia: Infantry only-Defensive also concentrate your divided Forces at the Front search to Shorten your Front to Gemany ( If possible secure Scandinavia to free up additional Forces)
              UK:a) Clear the Sea b) Help Russia by invading Norway to send them Troops c) Free Africa to get your So needed Resources (If Russia can take Nordic States)
              remember that
              Germany can usually take one State per Turn from Russia.

Overall its Harder for the Germans.. no ally to spot Errors, no Japan to put Pressure on USa, no musttake of Africa to win ..
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Or say you will oversee the Resource Sheet..
                Usually noone wants to do it anyway :=)
                'Of course I can build 25 Tanks! Look at the Sheet!'

Comment

Russia: Infantry only-Defensive

EE-GADS!! are you serious!!?

Ive only played once, as Russia. The entire game I did nothing but build armor, and I didnt get any of them neeto lend-lease planes, or Infantry, or ships, etc, etc... from America. I pushed Germany (my mom) back a little ways, and managed to keep Russia whole throught the game.

I dont really like A&A E. the original is MUCH MUCH MUCH more fun. If you can find 5 people who know how to play well.

I remember my first game...

I also remember one time when my mom was playing Germany she captured Birtain in the first turn That sucked, the allies lost

but yeah... Build armor, nothing but armor! LOTS and LOTS of armor ((if you're Russia))

Comment

Or say you will oversee the Resource Sheet..
                    Usually noone wants to do it anyway :=)
                    'Of course I can build 25 Tanks! Look at the Sheet!'

the people I play with pay more attention to that the the map I think. We end up recounting the numbers about every two or three turns.

Comment

Armor? Thats crazy!

Comment

I've always enjoyed Axis and Allies. I bought it my first year up here at college, and many a night was spent driving across asia, smashing fleets in the pacific.

After we had it for a while, we then bought one of the unit expansions, and enjoyed it. Eventually we bought all of them, and the game was quite entertaining at times.

One of my favorite experiences was using the Russians (with jeeps) to drive the japanese out of Asia, while still retaining both production territories.

And then there's the first time I captured my roomate's south african factory on the first german turn.
                        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Japanese? werent we talking about A&A:European theatre?

Comment

And then there's the first time I captured my roomate's south african factory on the first german turn

there is no factory in South Africa on the first turn. and even if there was how did you capture it in your opening move?

Armor? Thats crazy!

it worked. I managed to stall long enough for the other allies to form an assault.

Comment

Playing Russia in A&A, I'd usually divide my resources into 1/3 Armor and 2/3 Infantry (depending on how things were going, on the very first turn I'd usually buy all Infantry) in order to push into Scandinavia early. Once I had Scandinavia I'd go to full Infantry output and sit on defense, sending my remaining Armor out to harry Japan and help the US and Britain out at China and/or India (usually they'd still hold at least one of these by the time I secured Scandinavia). Obviously you won't need to do this for A&A:E. I'd produce a few more armor and push on Germany only when Britain and/or the US was ready to invade France or Italy, you may not even need to produce more armor for this in A&A:E.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X