List of must play games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of must play games

The deal is as follows, having used my 450 mhz, 64 RAM computer for quite a few years now I have decided to upgrade. 1,8 ghz, 256 DDR RAM and a Geforce 4 sets me up to play any games I want. Now im making a list of must play games from the last 2-3 years and so far I´ve come up with this. Of course i have my favourite genres but nevermind that just write whatever games you like yourself.

Warcraft 3
    Arcanum
    Neverwinter Nights
    GTA 3
    Return to Castle Wolfentstein
    Morrowind
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

you posted in the Championship Manager thread, didn't you? If so then I don't suppose I need to mention CM, do I?

Ever played Half-Life or CounterStrike? If you like FPS games then you'll enjoy those (Quake3 also of course).

The best TBS games I suppose you already know from browsing 'poly...

Thief 2 and Deus Ex have got awesome reviews from people who've played them (I haven't, though).

The Sims? (no wait ... seriously ... )

The 6 games you mentioned in your post will be great and keep you happy for a year or two anyway...
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Europa Universalis 2.

Deus Ex, Commandos 2, and Stronghold (in that order) are also really good games, aswell... but they don't have anywhere near as much lasting power as EU2 does. Even though I only played each one of those for a few weeks each, I'd still consider them to be 'must play'.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

SMAC, FF IV, FF V, FF VI, FF VII, Chrono Trigger, Deus Ex, Thief (haven't been able to locate a copy of Thief II), Half-Life TFC, GTA III, Punisher, Alien vs. Predator (arcade version), Metal Slug, Fallout II (haven't been able to locate a copy of Fallout), Morrowind.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I have played the Fallout games, very good games. I have now added a few games to my list so thanks a lot and keep it coming.
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

modded CtP2, what else could one possibly need? (Well, maybe Clash of Civilizations)
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
              Chrono Trigger
              UPDATE TABLE Apolyton_users (NAME=Estimated_age VALUE=Estimated_age+15, NAME=Gaming_taste VALUE=MAXVAL) WHERE Handle_ID eq "loinburger";
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Did anyone mention Alien vs Predator II, Soldier of Fortune II, Medal of Honour?

I haven't played them either. but the games got great reviews
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Planescape Tourment
                  Any Civ game at least a few times
                  AoW 2
                  Deus Ex
                  "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

To the games that I have seen I would add:
                    Diablo II
                    Tropico
                    Shogun: Total War
                    SimGolf

Haven't given AoW2 a try. Pythagoras, how good is it?
                    About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Hey moomin, you ever play Chrono Cross? I'm wondering if it's as good as the first one...

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
                        Hey moomin, you ever play Chrono Cross? I'm wondering if it's as good as the first one...
                        it is good

but not as good

MHOP

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Chrono Cross is a dissapointment- it's a good idea for a game, but it commits some pretty bad storytelling errors IMHO. It also connects with the plot of CT pretty badly, and just is generally a good bit different in flavor. The battle system is solid though.

Let me put it this way: ever played Xenogears? If not, I recommend that first. Chrono Cross rips off XG some, but badly, and lacks XG's internal consistency. (If you don't know, about half the team that did XG/CT worked on CC. The lesser half, I'm convinced).

P.S. Back to topic, I recommend you try GTA3 out before you buy. As far as I'm concerned, it has neat physics engine for driving, and everything else is ported directly from GTA1 way back when. Hardly anything new or creative.
                          Last edited by SnowFire; July 23, 2002, 23:11.
                          All syllogisms have three parts.
                          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

in addition to a few others already listed, i've found Baldur's Gate 2 to be quite enjoyable
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Snowfire: That sucks, the story is at least half of the reason that I play console RPG's.

I've heard from several people that System Shock II is fantastic, but sadly I haven't been able to locate a copy.

Comment

Working...
                              X