No announcement yet.

Which RPG should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across a copy of Dungeon Siege. I played for a few hours and a few things I must say about; it is easy, it gets old crawling through caves and the such, I haven't ran into a true quest yet its just a bunch of 'Oh and tell my sister Im okay' you run over to the next town through caves of course and then find her sister, Quest complete. So far there has been ONE path to take, very easy to not get lost. The "mazes" are SIMPLE. of course Im not very far in the game yet (well at least I hope) so things could get better yet. oh and my main charecter can kill ANYTHING by himself... kinda boring. For those of you who have played it; My main charecter killed that giant spider by himself and didn't need one health potion. Anyways I think Im going to go play it some more. One great thing about it is EYECANDY GALORE.
    but its beginning to repeat the eyecandy too

ps can anyome tell me if I can expect anything cool to happen anytime soon?

edit: pps: for those who have played: How many people should I keep ( I have 5 + two mules ) and how Important is magic??
    Last edited by Space05us; July 22, 2002, 05:04.

Comment

I play DS in bursts, generally, I really enjoyed the ice caves, with fighting those ice blocks. But I'm not much into solving puzzles in such games, I prefer to go and kick butt of the monsters . Oh, and DS eyecandy is cool.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

You can do the whole game with 1 character and a mule for loot if you want to. The whole game is a single linear adventure - any side road will dead end or lead back to the main route very quickly. All quests are of the 'click on the right person to complete' variety. The only time I needed magic was when I messed up in the later chapters and needed a resurrect. Other than that they spent their time healing the fighters.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

A cheap solution would be SNES rom Chrono Trigger. You can get it from a google search. Archaic graphics, excellent RPG.

Comment

Thanks Grumbold, you just killed any fun I might have with that game...

I actually gave up on it already, VERY boring. If I had played it before any other computer rpg I might still like it

Comment

These RPG's definitely:

Bard's Tale 1, 2 and 3
              Wizard's Crown
              Ultima 7
              Wasteland

(I know, they are a bunch of oldies, but they are great!)
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Working...
              X