Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top gaming experiences

Hello All

I'm in a retro mood at the moment and have come across a few "ultimate gaming experiences/achivements" that everyone who considers themselves a gamer should have done. Here's a few examples:

1) Become "Elite";
    2) Get all 120 stars in Mario 64;
    3) Win Civ 2 on Deity!!
    4) Never succumbed to buying a Star Wars game - oh okay maybe there are some good SW games nowadays...
    5) Completed Gran Turismo 1 and 2.

What else should be on this list?

Cheers

Paul.

first vicotry over the aliens in X-Com

First time my tank got beaten by a longbowman in civ3

Comment

beat Mario 3 without using that goddamned whistle.

Comment

hmm, ok, building a large city in sc3k with only high or higher land values for residents and commercial, and medium or higher for industry....

completing my first "real" theme park in Rollercoaster Tycoon, with the themes Mars, Wild West, China and the Jungle
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

"Midnight Sun". Nuff' said.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Killed Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy VIII.
            First game of Civ2.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Made a popular civ2 scenario.
              Gotten FTP access to Apolyton.

4) Never succumbed to buying a Star Wars game - oh okay maybe there are some good SW games nowadays...

Nowadays? You've insulted Jedi Knight I's honour. I demand satisfaction. I challenge you to a duel.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The first time I played Donkey Kong Country.
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Beat Gary Kasparov at chess.

Oh wait! That was just a wet-dream.

I can't think of any at the moment. There are quite a few, though.

Comment

Getting the top colony rating in M.U.L.E.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

1) The first time I played Civ 2 around my mates.

2) My first game on Championship Manager

3) The whole experience Deus Ex gave me and especially going through it a second time so that I could put a bullet into Joseph Manderley's head.

4) Completing all 96 levels on Super Mario World

Erm....and others that I can't think of right now.

Comment

Fallout II. Pretty much the whole game.

"This one's my dream, and I'm taking it back!"

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."

Etc.

Also, killing Emerald Weapon in FF VII. That bastard used his Air Taim attack on me twice, each time instantly killing two of my fighters and knocking the other down to about two hundred hit points. I still kicked its ass.
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Playing through Deus Ex a second time, and actually keeping my 'brother' alive.

In Deus Ex, killing all the MIB + troops who are trying to capture your brother and you. And getting all the way through to the subway.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Winning Pirates with 200+ Pirate Points

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Playing through Deus Ex a second time, and actually keeping my 'brother' alive.
                              Ah yes, I forgot about that one. Also, helping Whats-her-name make up with her father, rather than having her run away to California like the first time when I killed her idiot boyfriend. (Sally Jenkins? Sally Dunkins? The chick who was the daughter of the Hotel guy.)

Keeping Smuggler alive, too.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X