The SimCity poll!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SimCity poll!

Just curous to see how many inhere have played the different SimCity games!

I didn't include the special CD's (Like SimCity 3000 Unlimited), so if you played e.g. SC3k Unlimited, then it's just SC3k

I have played all of them!
    SimCity
    31.63%
    SimCity 2000
    36.73%
    SimCity 3000
    23.47%
    SimCity Banana
    8.16%
    This space is empty... or is it?

what about the "none" option?
    ok, you could say Simcity Banana is none....but i played all of them, and just couldn't resist the banana...i'm sorry...

i played all of them a lot...liked them all, even if they did cut certain features in sc3k like the industries tax, they also added good things like garbage disposal, and neighbour deals.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

The original was perfect.
      3000 is also great, and 2000 is...ok. I hated the arcologies, though building a 9 mil people city was pretty cool.
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The arcologies were pretty cool, especially during riots or other disasters
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          The arcologies were pretty cool, especially during riots or other disasters
          Arcologies!! BRING THEM BACK DAMNIT!!!

And I goofed when I voted in the poll- I actually have played all of the Simcity games (even the Banana one).

Comment

I've played all of them.

IMO SC 2000 was the best - it expanded on SC, and didn't have the interface problems that let SC 3000 down (ie, the inadquete level of feed back on how your city was going [I once cut the main water pipe into my city by accident, and didn't get a peap out of that useless news thingy at the bottom of the screen ])
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Yes- 2000 was the biggest leap forward.

3000 didn't have a whole lot more in it from 2000, except, of course..

IT DIDN'T HAVE ARCOLOGIES!!

Comment

I liked the fact that 3k allowed you to build a bigger city and move along 'traditional' growth patterns, but it would have been much nicer to have arcologies as an alternative that shifted the endgame into two divergent choices resulting in very different looking cities. Of course the planes would have to learn how to fly round or over the darn things first Some of the dumbing down was welcome - you could actually get a city burgeoning into life quite quickly by opting for money making schemes instead of having to save for 20 years to buy a second powerplant.

The one truly new feature I wish for is handling of slopes and curves. No tile game has yet managed to cope with rounded hills, varying angle slopes or construction on ground that isn't flat. Until they improve this then building any city that wasn't formed on the ubiquitous flat grid pattern will be impossible to recreate. Roundabouts would be nice, too
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

/me signs the 'Bring back Arcologies!' petition

agreed that 2000 was the best one ... 3K was a pretty big let-down. It was a good game in its own right, but considering the time between 2k and 3k i was expecting something a bit more radical.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

americans dont have roundabouts!
                    Just my 2p.
                    Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                    Which shows you learn something every day.
                    formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Arcologies?

They're totally unrealistic , people ! Common! Didn't you hate that all of your city was just a huge Archology block
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
                        Arcologies?

They're totally unrealistic , people ! Common! Didn't you hate that all of your city was just a huge Archology block
                        Exactly.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

They were fun though .

SimCity 2000 was by far the best of the bunch. SC1 can't touch it, and SC3000 was just an expansion to SC2000's wonderfulness.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dalgetti
                            Arcologies?

True, they seemed like an attempt to make one game a little longer. Once the city was as big as it could be you could start to flatten a small part to build arcologies until the city basically consisted of Launch Archos (I think they were called that way) lot's of police stations and a few fusion plants. I once played so long I could watch the Arcos launch twice then I realized that just planting Arcos wasn't fun, they made the game longer yet more boring ,too.
                            Interested in creating a TBS game similar to Colonization?
                            Have a look here !
                            New C++ programmers needed!

Comment

the lauch archos lauched?, i never player sc2000 much, a bit boring
                              Just my 2p.
                              Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
                              Which shows you learn something every day.
                              formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X