No announcement yet.

Civilization - The Board Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally! I have beaten the AI, on the easiest setting, at Advanced Civilisation! I was hindered by the AI reducing my cities near the end, but with a steady 8 almost all the time, and monotheism for the last few turns, it really didn't matter. My Assyrians reached the end of the AST, and won with about 3900 to Crete's 3500 or so.
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Excellent game. A lot of fun to play. Best when combined with Advanced Civilization.

It has nothing to do with the computer game of the same name.
      Sid Meier said it was one of the games that inspired Civ I, I've played it and there are some similarites, but it can't hold a candle even to CivII.

Comment

Chowlett,

Took you long enough

rp,

The two are different and can't really be compared. To me, Civ 2 is MOTS, but Civilization was fun due to all the player interactions (and reactions ).
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR - I haven't been playing constantly. But yes, that was about my 5th game...

And anyway - MOTS?
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

And anyway - MOTS?
            More Of The Same
            "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Working...
            X