Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    Stop guessing what I did.

What happened was after I finished the tutorial, I tried my hands on the Fantasia scenario. However, dispite my max'ed out stability rating in three attempts my home provinces were occupied by rebels every single time.

That didn't seem realistic to me.
    The only possible reasons I can think of for this is that you

a) Set your religious tolerances so that your national religion was not favoured by the state.

b) Got in a war that lasted so long that war weariness caused the country to revolt against you.

Even with negative stability you won't get revolts unless something is badly wrong. Holding the mouse cursor over the revolt risk % should list all the factors individually so its easy to see what the problem is.

Fantasia is absolutely NOT the way to learn how to play the game because you are running in an abstract vacuum that never recurs in the proper scenarios. The tutorial is recognised as being pretty poor at introducing key concepts too. Many people recommend starting a Grand Campaign as Russia. You've got cheap army costs and initially you're concerned with beating up on the Khanate remnants of the Mongol hordes while keeping a wary eye on Poland-Lithuania. With all the helpful advice available on the main website the rest soon becomes easy.......

Give it another try sometime, you may be surprised. I'm bursting with anticipation for EU2 to fially get released in the UK. Once it does there will be a lot of dust collecting on my copy of Civ III.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Rebels appeared less than 6 months after I started.

I didn't have time to do much.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, I demand that you reinstall EU, get the latest patches and play the Grand Campaign.

By the way, are you playing 1 or 2?
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
        X