SimGolf: I eat my words ... it's FUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty cool...

my first game is going pretty well, got well over $1 million, happiness approaching 900, 9 holes, 6 are top 18, the other 3 are top 100.

i've only played one match with my pro, named after myself. i won every hole but the 8th, which i made into a damn precision hole (slanted green, trees, pot bunker) and my little dude kept hitting the ball from one side of the green to the other. it's a par 3 and i think i got an 8 i won overall by 19 strokes, that jubilee pro sucks

while there's some minor graphical issues that i've encountered so far, the game is rather enjoyable but is there any way to skip the friggin credits when you exit the game?

oh, and what's there to do with that much money?
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yes, just delete or rename the two BIK files in the Flics folder. I went further to delete ALL text files but with the patch option to turn off dialoges, that will become unneccesary.

Comment

The manual says you get a star for a happy ending or a special "luv bench",I guess thats what those white benches are.
        Ah, yes, the love bench. That's right. Any word on the 'brown person bench'?
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Clark
          Yes, just delete or rename the two BIK files in the Flics folder.
          didn't work

Last edited by ColdWizard; February 13, 2002, 03:57.

Comment

just for ****s and giggles...

Attached Files

Comment

LOL!

Can't be sure, but it looks like Imran is in charge of keeping the water clear while I shoot a nice round of golf. Is that about right?
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Actually, I see the problem now: Look at my hitpoint bar! Imran has (as is typical) hit me while my back is turned!!!

Comment

I knew I shouldn't of read this thread. This game looks damn interesting.

Looks like I'll probably get the demo tomorrow or tonight. I'll probably end up buying to tomorrow or the next day if it is fun.

I wasn't real big on the sims, because once I figured out how to get my timing down precisely, the game wasn't much of a challenge. But it was kind of fun and charming. This game looks to incorporate the best features of several games.

How long have you guys been playing? I'd like to know if the game has held up strong over a week.

Comment

Ha! Another one joins the group! Apologies all around...

Well, I've played about 2 weeks now. One of the really great things about it is that Sid made sure to give you some really good historigraph stuff and other tools to measure how well you have designed the course. Naturally, a number of things need improving, but Sid seems excited about the title, so we can expect good things I imagine. I'll post some good stuff showing you the tools.

Now, if you don't like to pay close attention, on the other hand, the game could seem mysterious and dull after the buzz wears off.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                      Can't be sure, but it looks like Imran is in charge of keeping the water clear while I shoot a nice round of golf. Is that about right?
                      not quite

you and imran are on my par 4 first hole (you both finished at par). as for your hit points, either Imran's 9 iron slipped while i wasn't looking or it was because you took the more difficult approach

Dissident, i've only had it for nearly 24 hours, of which simgolf occupied 4

Comment

Cold, those two files removes the opening and ending 'movies', which helps starting up and exiting. I think you will always get the credits screen but I hit ESC to immediately stop it. Hope that helps better.

Comment

thanks, i'll try that

yes, perfect, just what i was hoping for
                          Last edited by ColdWizard; February 13, 2002, 13:11.

Comment

Well, if you like the game, blame me. If you hate it, blame Imran.

you and imran are on my par 4 first hole (you both finished at par). as for your hit points, either Imran's 9 iron slipped while i wasn't looking or it was because you took the more difficult approach

Yes, I'm always direct. If you notice, I'm on the green .

So who won that game?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yin won, 33 to 35 (par ~38). 10 holes overall. on the ninth hole, yin made a comment after sinking his birdie putt, "Birdie. Take that loser." i was laughing so hard that i couldn't pause the game in time in order to get a screen shot

attached is an image of imran's tee shot on the short par 3 tenth hole (note: i didn't change the default head)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ColdWizard; February 13, 2002, 17:00.

Comment

Once again, despite Imran's attempts to do harm, Yin is victorious! Good game, Imran. At least you tried...

O.K. Now for some of the good info. screens:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X