SimGolf: I eat my words ... it's FUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LoL@Smash

You put a lighthouse on a golf course as a warning to keep away from the water??!!
    What an absolute classic!

Still

Comment

hehehe..thats a landmark.Landmarks have special powers(like wonders).That one keeps dandelions from growing.

My latest project is Coyote Flats.A desert course with residential development.Numerous celebrities own homes here.

The green at the heroic 378 yard par 4 fifth hole-"Magnolia" Players face a tough approach to the elevated green.

and the 9th green on the par 4- 486 yard "Paradise" hole.Players can rip it off the tee but face a tricky long iron approach.There is the lighthouse again...this time in the middle of the desert

thats my resort hotel.The 10th tee will go in that desert area by the blue/purple flowers.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Hey, have you run into any of the tournament problems I wrote about? By the way, nice course designs!
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

kinda.

I had 2 problems.

one time all the players bunched up on 1 hole and kept looping back forth from a nearby snack bar and a tee.Soon the whole feild was here.I demolished the snack bar and that got things going again.Took awhile to clear up.I took away bunkers and what not,added a path and benches to help a little more

The other "problem" is you can't or shouldn't(bug?) make any changes to tees or pins while a tournament is underway.You can't reopen a hole until the the tourny is finished.That can cause some problems with players having really long walks to the next tee..especailly since tournys are a shotgun start...tournys can take a long time if you do this.
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Now that I think about it, I believe I *did* add holes during the tournament. Yes, that should either be A) simply not allowed by the comp or B) (obviously) fixed so that it doesn't kill your tournament.

Cool! I can finally try another game now that I think you've explained what went wrong.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Reading this thread again has me wanting to play another SimGolf game....

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Anyone tried out 'impossible' yet? I had a go with the demo and found I would have to totally rethink course design. Everyone's accuracy had dropped badly so they were hacking from pine tree to bunker to water and quitting in frustration. My own Pro was coming up with double figure scores on the par 4's! Happiness was hovering at around -5 with all three holes open, two scenic bridges and a Bhudda desperately trying to raise morale

It's going to be another month before I get the real game darnit. With you talking of tiny boxes I'm expecting it to be DvD only here and we're getting kind of used to them now. Only things like Civ III and MoO III have the manuals to demand extra box space.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

There seems to be a small problem concerning pro tournaments and snackbars.
                  I had them all "looping" again.I had 2 snackbars and all the sim golfers were walking back and forth between them.They would all eventually pile up and do this "looping".
                  I got rid of 1 snackbar and all was ok.SO...get rid of snackbars for tourneys or at least keep an eye on them.They get hungry,but at least they play.

Comment

After three nights, I have been completely addicted to SimGolf. This really caught me by surprise and it has turned out to be one of the most fun/addicting titles I've played since I started getting the Impressions Games (Pharaoh, Zeus, etc.) a couple of years ago. That makes two titles this year alone (along with Gothic) that has entered my favorites list. I've only built 4 holes so far, played in 2 tournaments but I've encountered no problems at all. Also, it's good to see Sid and the gang active in improving this.

Do you think we can get Markos to add a SimGolf forum under Other Games?

Also, to Dan Magaha, I must apologize. I detest anything to do with The Sims, so I deleted all of the "stories" files, including the ones you wrote.

Comment

They do have a BBS set up at SimGolf http://simgolf.ea.com/bbs/...unfortunately,it is full of typical new game posts.But they are enthusiatic over there at least.

They are looking for saves of glitches.

Comment

HOLY CRAP!

Sid posts on the SimGolf page!

So I guess we know which game he's really interested in .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Steve,

I'll try not to take it personally

Dan
                          Dan Magaha
                          Firaxis Games, Inc.
                          --------------------------

Comment

Here's a quick photo of some San Diego paradise I just created. I'm getting a bit more creative with the designs (like fairways and elevated tees). I do have a question, though: Is SimGolf "gay friendly"? I ask because 'Snoop' and 'Larry' started a love diary.

Hey, fine by me ... but in that case, I'd like to have some Bed and Breakfast options so I can up the greens fees.
                            Attached Files

Comment

since both Yin and Imran say it's good, i'm downloading the demo despite no previous interest.

the screenshots look good too. if my dialup connection craps out before the download is finished, i may buy the game outright as Yin AND Imran agree, and therefore cannot possibly be wrong
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

LOL! Yes, this is a rare occurance, to be sure. Well, here is a kind of 'Water Motif" I put together in one corner of the course. Hope it inspires you!:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X