Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 rumour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osweld
    Just curious, do you feel the same way about EU2?
    I haven't yet acquired EU2. --But I don't think so. EU1 covers 1492-1792. Isn't EU2 a sequel, covering the Napoleanic era which followed? So different eras are covered, different technologies, etc.

RCT2 seems like it advances RCT no more than the expansion packs of Corkscrew Follies and Loopy Landscapes.

Of course, no one would be happier than I if I'm proven totally wrong and major improvements have been made.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
      besides the fact that the graphics are already good, i don't see how they could do it different, except going totally 3d. And that isn't necessarily better
      Graphics can always be done better. If they choose to keep the graphics, then I hope we don't have to pay full price for an "add-on". But if they do it as what happened to Serious Sam 2 (Cheaper than normal new games, about the same price as an add-on), then I wont be that much dissapointed...

But I don't think the game will be great when done in 3D, usually 3D sucks in Tycoon games...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I havent' read anything about RCT2, but just by looking at those screenshots I can see alot of new additions.
        • New rides and themes.
        • Scenario Editor.
        • Two new buildings, a bank machine and a first aid house - both of which suggest new gameplay features.
        • A completely new category of theming: "Walls and Roofs".
        • Minor graphical improvements and additions - such as the ghosts for placing premade track designs, and stairs instead of ramps.
        • Possibly more options for rides (noticed a couple of new buttons on the ride window).

By the way, EU2 covers 1419-1819
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

EU2 is an improvement in many ways. It runs 1412-1812 so its the same eras, but with an extra hundred years. It has an improved policy system to allow you to influence your country. Any country can be played out of the box. Thousands of events have been written, mostly historically accurate for the specific countries but some general types that fit everyone. The graphics haven't changed significantly because it follows less than a year after the first so there is little need, unlike the Civ series where the old graphics were no longer adequate. There was more than enough to make it worth buying at full price imo.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Transport Tycoon 2!
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
            X