Strategy 4 pack - SMAC, Axis, PG2, ARmy men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy 4 pack - SMAC, Axis, PG2, ARmy men

browsing, i saw a combo pack with SMAC (which ive been thinking of buying) plus Axis and allies, Panzer gen2 (i think it was 2), and army men. For $20. US.

Now i think SMac can be found alone for $10 or less. Army men is a zero value for me - Im not a big RTS fan to start, but might be interested in say, starcraft - but an RTS about plastic soldiers will either be given away or become a coaster. Axis and allies is, from what ive heard, a very beer and pretzely (ie simple, not quite realistic war game) grand strategic approach to WW2. Not much better than a civ2 WW2 scenario, or is it? And PG is a non-grognard but still more less historically accurate (not like Sudden strike) take on WW2 tactical combat.

So as far as i can see PG is about a $5 value, A&A $1, and Army men 0 = total of $6, not worth it to buy this vs Smac alone (i realize these numbers are small, im just being a little compulsive)

Your thoughts (on the games, not on the compulsiveness )

LOTM
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

1) Well, SMAC has excellent value. The forum on this site will direct you to a number of excellent sceanrios/additional factions/add-ons.

2) Panzer General 2 is worth its weight in gold. It is a classic turn-based WWII wargame. I have the game and it still plays well, especially with all the add-ons being made by a dedicated group of gamers.

There is a ton of new campaigns/scenarios/new equipment files/units, etc.

A starting point would be to check out the following sites:

a) for campaigns, scenarios:

Latest news and guides for Warhammer 40k, Age of Sigmar, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, board games, TTRPGs, war games, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and more

b) huge forum focussing on PG2, PG, and other wargames:

3) Axis & Allies - yes beer & pretzel wargame. But it is a nice diversion, and I still play it occasionally.

4) Army men - That game doesn't appeal to me at all.

So, the two best games would be SMAC and PG2 - it works out to be $10.00 each - an excellent bargain in MHO.
    Last edited by Leonidas; December 17, 2001, 17:48.

Comment

Working...
    X