Cossacks Better Than Civ3!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cossacks Better Than Civ3!!

civ 3 is GARBAGE until they have multi-player or scenario editor that's worth anything. until then, COSSACKS RULE!!!!!! (AMERICAN CONQUEST will beat the pants off of civ3 too!!!!)
    sdaf

Last edited by Sabre2th; November 1, 2001, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre2th

Hey, this dude (dudine) registered on Ape today! Talk about a first impression!
      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Hey. You cant just use my avatar without a written permision. I'll sue you.

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Re: Cossacks Better Than Civ3!!

Originally posted by Jerry_Garcia
          civ 3 is GARBAGE until they have multi-player or scenario editor that's worth anything. until then, COSSACKS RULE!!!!!! (AMERICAN CONQUEST will beat the pants off of civ3 too!!!!)
          DL!

BTW, Cossacks is (indeed great but) REALTIME, not TURNBASED - you know this apples&oranges thingy?
          Blah

Comment

HOWEVER

can't remember with civ2 but SMAC did have RTS. civ2 may have if you knew where to alter files. in any case, i don't think this is an apples and oranage comparison but a green apple-red apple comparison. close enough in my book.
            sdaf

Comment

Re: HOWEVER

can't remember with civ2 but SMAC did have RTS. civ2 may have if you knew where to alter files. in any case, i don't think this is an apples and oranage comparison but a green apple-red apple comparison. close enough in my book.
              Yeah, you're right. I actually tried Red Alert as turn based. It was great! Didn't work with RA2 though...
              To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

You can make Red Alert 1 turn-based?! Please, tell me how! Sounds awesome!

Comment

double post ... damn server too busy messages...
                  Blah

Comment

All you could have in Civ2 with some tricks was simultaneous unit movement during MP games, never in SP games with AI opponents so please don´t tell me that is nearly the same as RTS...
                    Blah

Comment

Cossacks is great, but Cossacks is RTS and Civilization 3 is TBS, so you shouldn't be comparing them, you should just buy them both. Don't know what American Conquest is, but it sounds crap, and clearly isn't based on any real events. Of course, I may have got the wrong end of the stick, if its a game about conquering, looting and pillaging America then it'll be great.
                      Never underestimate the healing powers of custard.

Comment

American Conquest?

Isn´t there a sequel or an expansion for Cossacks planned which plays in America? Not sure about that...
                        Blah

Comment

Now, if you would've said Europa Universalis II was better, that would be believable...
                          "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Huh? SMAC as an RTS? Did I miss something over the past few years or are you a dumb as you sound. Probably just stupid.

Comment

Civ as a RTS? Civ has always been, and always will be TBS,
                              no matter what sort of hacks or wrinkles you can put in the
                              engine; that's simply the basic structure of civ.

What is 'American Conquest' anyway? Historical RTS based on
                              US colonial expansion?

Comment

Working...
                              X