Utopia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hehe... i am blind as a bat..... thanks again,
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• Well, the idea of "no major changes" has been officially thrown out the window. More possible changes listed below:

BUILDINGS:

* Mills will be upped to 4% / 80% Max
      * Barracks: 2.5% / 50% Max
      * Forts: 2.5% / 50% Max (Battle Losses)
      * Hospitals: 5% / 80% Max
      * Watchtowers: 5% / 50% Max; plus, 5%/50% Max of identifying opposing thieves when operations fail
      * Schools: 1.5% / 60% Max
      * Universities: 4% / 80% Max
      * Libraries: 1.5 Points / Day
      * Dungeons: Prisoners no longer naturally die (they still die of Plague, though)
      * Homes: Require $10 / Day in Maintenance

* The Home theory is that other buildings pay for their operations through profits generated by whatever business. Homes, do not, and therefore require maintenance.

MAGIC:

* Anonymity will be available to Humans, Halflings, and Faeries
      * Patriotism will also lower the effects of Propaganda
      * Droughts will also slow the draft process and cancel any Storm spells
      * Storms will also lower attack strength slightly (3%) and cancel any Drought spells
      * Haste has been renamed to "Builders' Boon"
      * Meteor Showers are weaker and more difficult to cast
      * Greed also increases draft expenses
      * Nightmares do more damage, but instead of killing troops, it simply forces them into retraining for 12 hours.
      * Amnesia does more damage, but much of it is temporary. Most of the lost science is simply placed into re-learning, while a small portion is lost permanently.
      * New Spell, LandLust, simply steals enemy land. Spell will be war-only, relatively weak and difficult to cast, but count towards combat gains/losses in wars.

Comment

• Me laffs @ the Home Theory

Comment

• I'm tempted to go Elf frankly...

Comment

• i am not sure how much i like the land grabbing spell.....i sense an age or loopholes and problems......

not sure what to pick yet..still no race changes announced

Comment

• ****. I was counting on no major changes.

Houses require 10$? Crap.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli
                ****. I was counting on no major changes.

Houses require 10$? Crap.
                Yeah, with Schools pushed up to 1.5%, I think a lot of people will max out Population Science and go 40% Schools...
                Last edited by Zopperoni; January 19, 2002, 08:17.

Comment

• it will be a good age for mills too..... who needs homes.... pop science max, schools, and mills ....

elf mage seems like a good bet....halflings will rock too

Comment

• I will still have to go with Homes. You just cant keep 60+DPA without them...
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I will still have to go with Homes. You just cant keep 60+DPA without them...
                      How so not?

Maxed out Pop-sci + 40% Schools is better than maxed out Pop-sci + 40% Homes.

And as a Faery I guess I can run 60+ dpa easily that way, I only need 10 Beastmasters per acre for 60.

And if the 3/90-Armories change is going through, Faeries will rule

Comment

I will still have to go with Homes. You just cant keep 60+DPA without them...
                        now that makes perfect sense you geek

Comment

• More changes!

This is an updated list of BUILDING changes (overriding all previous building change lists):

BUILDINGS

* Mills will be upped to 3% / 75% Max (building costs)
                          * Armouries: 2% / 70% Max
                          * Barracks: 0.5% / 20% Max to Offense Bonus
                          * Forts: 2.5% / 50% Max (Battle Gains)
                          * Hospitals: 5% / 80% Max (Combat Losses)
                          * Watchtowers: 4% / 60% Max (Both Training Costs & Catching Thieves); plus, 4%/60% Max of identifying opposing thieves when operations fail
                          * Schools: 1.5% / 60% Max
                          * Universities: 3% / 75% Max
                          * Libraries: 1.5 Points / Day
                          * Dungeons: Prisoners no longer naturally die (they still die of Plague, though); Prisoners work 1/5 of a single job for Utilization purposes
                          * Thieves' Den: No Longer has 1% Stealth Bonus, but now offers +1% Thievery Effectiveness (No Max)
                          * Homes: Require $10 / Day in Maintenance

MISCELLANEOUS ADDITIONAL CHANGES

* Land Lust will destroy but not capture land when cast in-kingdom
                          * Townwatch no longer reduces gains in combat
                          * Science points required to maintain level science will rise more quickly as a province grows

We are also looking at the General Personality and how to incorporate the Conquest Attack with the new relations system. One interesting possibility is to make Conquest available for Generals during HOSTILE relations, and having it available to ALL players during War. This ensures everyone, big or small, can participate to some extent in War. No decision has been made on this yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zopperoni
                            Maxed out Pop-sci + 40% Schools is better than maxed out Pop-sci + 40% Homes.
                            Dont forget that schools employ more people than houses. And the effects it will have on your utilization.

Comment

• I must admit being in a top 50 Utopia kingdom is fun, even if it is on the WoU server.
                              None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

• * The AID change mentioned earlier regarding * Trade balance change for recipient is based on goods received rather than goods shipped has been scrapped.

* Anonymity will result in no honor gains from attacks made

* Science will get marginally cheaper as the game progresses ($1 / real day). Science now starts a bit more expensive.

* Generals will get the Conquest Attack during both WAR and HOSTILE, and will have a more powerful version than other players, who now will get the attack in WAR.

Final changes, including some minor race changes, will be posted later this evening. As of now, we plan no additional changes (outside of race changes) to those listed above and in the New Relations System post, but there could still be minor adjustments between now and tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X