Baldurs Gate 1, 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldurs Gate 1, 2

seems to be a number of people that plays bg1, so i got to wondering about how many people play bg1 and bg2. therefor, a poll

i've only played bg2 (and still playing)
    Baldur's Gate 1
    24.14%
    Baldur's Gate 2
    27.59%
    Both
    41.38%
    Neither
    6.90%
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

I haven't played BG2 yet, but I like the story. Books in BG1 (the miscellaneous Histories) and the story itself give you some useful info on what will BG2 be about.

Comment

Back in the days when we knew nothing about those new RPG style games, BG1 was the best. BG2 is a better game but BG1 opened a new door.

Comment

Re: Baldurs Gate 1, 2

Originally posted by ColdWizard
        i've only played bg2 (and still playing)
        Likewise. BG2 is an absolute monster of an RPG. I'm playing through it with my 7th or 8th party and have only finished it once (that group is still going through ToB). None of the groups is doing things in exactly the same way and I'm still finding new options all over the place. I find the sheer depth unbelievable.

I was thinking of giving BG/TotSC a try but I wonder if they would be a disappointment after BG2?

Comment

I don't think so. BG1 is still very good compared to BG2 (so I hear) + you learn the whole story (makes you love the second part even more!).

Comment

yeah, BG1 is practicly identical to BG2 in terms of gameplay, The main difference is that there aren't as many races/classes. and I guess a somewhat shorter story (and maybe a bit more linear), aswell.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

BG2 is better because you can have much more interaction with the scenery and of course the plot takes many more twists and turns. I've only played it to chapter 3 though.

And of course they've put much more imagination into the scenery.

BG1 had dungeons that made me claustrophibic (The Nashkell mines, f.e).

And the beginning is comparatively easy, while in BG2, you work your way out of a hell-hole. This is what make me choose a kensai (the super-swordfighter with the nasty Katanas) in the beginning. I don't think I would have mase it out with a mage.
              "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
              George Orwell

Comment

The thing I don't like abotu BG2 is that you start out around level 8, I've always enjoyed the early levels the most, when you have to rely more on your wits.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

That's what makes it better, harder opponents

Comment

... To each his own
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dornan
                      That's what makes it better, harder opponents
                      But still, you've got all of those fancy pants spells and equipment.

Give me a leather tunic and short sword any day!
                      Last edited by General Ludd; October 5, 2001, 21:05.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Comment

I liked BG1 much more than BG2, which was too easy and boring.
                          Or maybe I just got bored of the BG-style games...
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                          In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

assur: did you do the sidequests too?

i've still not gotten past chapter 3, and fairly recently have started a new game with a new character (and i wanted to do nalia's sidequest, which i missed on previous attempts)

osweld: i guess you wouldn't like ToB, where you start at 18-20 (somewhere up high) then?
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Yeah, I did alot of the sidequests. I found most of them pretty bland, and the storyline quests were even worse IMO. And I hate Irenicus.

Hmm, speaking of Irenicus, BG2 wasn't that easy... the final fight was proabably one of the hardest fights I ever had in a rpg (possibly because I used the wrong strategy)
                              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                              In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Working...
                              X