No announcement yet.

Baldur's Gate I Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you manage to clear the Nashkel mines, there's an interesting mage npc available. Although, his general outlook on life may get a little wearing on the nerves.

Also, Branwen is a better cleric than Viconia, and wont leave if your rep gets too high (>18).

Alternatively, place the attached file into the 'overrides' directory which will stop any leaving due to extreme reputation (high or low). They will still complain though.
    Attached Files
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Is it a good idea to continue into the depths "After the Spiders" with 4 level 2-3 characters who are wounded badly and have no spellcaster?

2 Archers "1 thief"
      2 Fighters

Branwen the Cleric died and my mage, Dynaheir died.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

... Should I return to the surface?
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

The spiders at level 2-3? You can try but probably very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
            Is it a good idea to continue into the depths "After the Spiders" with 4 level 2-3 characters who are wounded badly and have no spellcaster?

2 Archers "1 thief"
            2 Fighters

Branwen the Cleric died and my mage, Dynaheir died.
            If you continue, you have to be one experienced Balduran to get out alive. I would suggest you return back to civilization for a resupply.
            I usually never continue a game with people dead. And I had hard time with the Spiders (WThe place where you get Spider's bane, right?) with level five - six characters.
            Maybe I'm just a sloppy player.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Spiders Bane?

I suppose I will just restart the game before entering the mines, and level up my characters more, then attempt it again- thanks!
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

I didn't get really far, but you can make a ton of gold transporting Ankheg shells from the ankhel farm to the Thunderhammer Smithy in Beregost. That and you can get ankheg armor (but make sure you ahve all the gold you want first, because once you get the armor, you can't sell any more ankheg shells)

As for the Nashkel mines, keep Imoen's Detect Traps on, especially on the third level, with the bridge over lave (four or five traps). After you finish that, the plot thickens, and you should explore the south a bit before heading for the ascending bandit leaders and Baldur's Gate.

I didn't get much farther then Chapter 4 I think, and I was borrowing the game from a friend.
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
                X