No announcement yet.

David versus Goliat - the end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been off-line during Easter. I will also post some more thoughts about the game, but it will have to be tomorrow (earliest).

Not sure that 20 Qg3 was The Big Mistake, but maybe it was too early. Same with 23 f5, too early?

The rook in h3 was supposed to help defend my queen side, but then I put the knight on e3 (26 Ne3)...

Carolus

Comment

I think it is time for Julius to come clean.

what is your FIDE rating?
      do you have a title?IM for instance?
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Haven't followed the game but since I have a bunch of chess players here I thought I would ask: have you played Chessmaster8000. Are the top levels really grandmaster level or is that just hype?

Comment

Is that a computer, or a website? I know that some of the top-level grandmasters occasionally play on the Internet, but I don't know where ....
          As for computers, if you understand their limitations, you still don't need to be a grandmaster to beat them. On the other hand, grandmasters who don't adept get beaten by the best computer programs.

------------------
          If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
          [This message has been edited by Ribannah (edited April 17, 2001).]
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 04-16-2001 01:59 PM
            I think it is time for Julius to come clean.

what is your FIDE rating?
            do you have a title?IM for instance?

Heh, heh, heh...

I still go with my first (humble) call: The Beast of Baku! And I Almost Lived Through 40 Moves Against The Beast!!!

Carolus

[This message has been edited by Carolus Rex (edited April 17, 2001).]

Comment

BTW Julius, what would you have played against 33 Qb1 (instead of 33 Qd2)?

Carolus

Comment

Maestro?

Carolus

Comment

Ribannah,
                  It's a computer programme, I think the best selling PC chess game. Anyway the question about the highest level is a bit moot since I have a long way to go before I get there.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Carolus Rex on 04-21-2001 10:30 AM
                    Maestro?

Sorry, I'm just back from a week vacation in my beloved mountains.
                    On 33 Qb1, I would have played 33 Rac8 and white is virtually on zugzwang. I can take on c2 at leisure or make the queen manoeuver Qa3-a5-e5 with a deadly discover check ... At this point the game was definitely lost !

------------------
                    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
                    [This message has been edited by Julius Brenzaida (edited April 23, 2001).]
                    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Hi, everyone. Sorry I've been away but they tightened the screws on us at work for awhile.

Congrats, Julius.

And to answer the question posed above, now we know where Bobby Fisher has been hiding.
                      Frodo lives!

Comment

Hey kcbob.Thought we lost you in the great server upgrade thingy.I was trying to pry a rating out of Julius but he casually avoided it with distraction.Always the tactician.Carolus was doing pretty good...until he lost that is.Methinks Mr Brenzaida may be pushing wood on another level completely.He really hasn't had a hint of real trouble...kinda like how a cat plays with a mouse before......

maybe we need to have a cooperation game.Julius vs the World
                        [This message has been edited by Smash (edited April 26, 2001).]
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash, check this out and do your duty or I will haunt you in your dreams!

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HTML/002175.html?9

Carolus

Comment

kcbob, good to have you back!

Julius, I will post some thoughts about the game when my life is less busy. Interesting to hear that you were not satisfied with your position after 20 moves (I think?). I have some other questions/suggestions, but too little time right now.

In the mean time, who's next?

Carolus

Comment

I read over your notes about your chess game, and I have a question for you. Obviously, since you're posting on this board, you must be Civ2 players, but also Chess players. What is your opinion of Civ2 vs. Chess? I am a Chess fan as well, and I often think that Civ2 seems a little pointless as I move units around on the map. I know I just need to understand Civ2 better (I'm new at it), but in Chess, at least I can see the point of the movements. What do you prefer to play? I realize that you probably play both games, but which do you prefer?

Comment

Rwprice,

You bring up a very difficult question to answer. I don't really have a preference as such. Which will I play when I should be doing something "really worthwhile"? Civ II. Which am I somewhat addicted to? Civ II again. Which will suck up all my concentration to the exclusion of all else, food, sleep, etc., until the game is over? Chess, if it is an over the board tournament game. Which do I spend a lot of non-playing time on? Neither.

While this probably won't be a satisfactory answer, it's the best I can give you.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X