No announcement yet.

B & W Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kinda regretting buying this game. I probably will just give it to somebody. It really is just another RTS game with a creature thrown in. It's a pain micromanaging the villagers. The evil way is just easier. I'm going to let them starve. And expanding is riduclous!! It's hard enough keeping enough forests.

I only played 1 day though. I've been too involve with fallout:tactics. Once I finish this game (I am thourough and this game is taking a while) I will move onto black and white again. but I don't think I can play the good way. F*ck expanding . They'll take what they can get.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Eternal on 03-28-2001 09:11 PM
      Where's it cheapest at? I saw it for $39.99 at Amazon.com.

It's cheapest from my friend with a CDRW Thankyou this game is Great I got it two days ago and have played about 20 hours or so I just dragged myself away from it and only slept four hours last night.

The AI is Spectacular
      The Graphics are Great even on the lowest setting.Even my P3 633 256mb RAM and 8mb graphics card cant run it on anything higher.
      The Ape is cute.
      The vilagers are brainy and run when your creature starts eating them.
      The Ape is very intelligent. Throw a tree over his head and he might try it himself if he likes it he'll do it more (smash goes another house )
      This is a great game BUY IT!

Shane

------------------
      " Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few "
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Chowlett on 04-08-2001 06:50 PM
        Brilliant game - I've now lost 3 days to it. Completed lands one and two, and a skirmish.

What do you mean lands 1 and 2 I've only found The skirmish games???
        God I'm missing something in this great game. Damn it why no manual WHY!!

Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Darkknight on 05-06-2001 08:09 PM
          quote:

Originally posted by Chowlett on 04-08-2001 06:50 PM
          Brilliant game - I've now lost 3 days to it. Completed lands one and two, and a skirmish.

What do you mean lands 1 and 2 I've only found The skirmish games???
          God I'm missing something in this great game. Damn it why no manual WHY!!

If you've got an ape, you've been playing the lands - they're the main single player games, and you don't get a creature until quite a way into land 1. As for "Why no manual", that would be because you pirated the game. I'm not saying I don't pirate games, I just don't complain about a lack of manual when I have.
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Funny , I thought that first map was a tutorial but just in case I played it and what dya no big ugly mug got burnt and I'm into the second map. What I want to know is how do I expand my village without any woodworkers place. Yer man keeps on telling me to expand. I've got my creature over converting that village to the North(??) but they dont have one either. Although I can take their wood and food . My god this game is great! God I just realised I haven't eaten drunk or pissed in the last 7 hours.
            hmmmm bye...
            Shane

------------------

Comment

The CGW review gave it 5 stars (the one game that gets it all right), and kept raving about its innovation. the downside would be the micromanagement neccesary to keep your people happy if you're a good guy. The reviewer says that this probably won't be imitated, because if it's not done right, it won't work at all. I am reminded somewhat of Ultima IV, which was different (in making your character be good for a change), but as far as I know, never imitated.

The PC Gamer review gave it a 95%, and raved continuously about the AI of your critters. gave the gesture spellcasting system a thumbs up, too. possible downside would be that the invisible interface is sometimes awkward.

Funny, nobody suggested "game of the year" yet, like they did last year with the sims.
              Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
              ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Father Beast on 05-07-2001 09:25 AM
                Funny, nobody suggested "game of the year" yet, like they did last year with the sims.

I still have the copy of PC Gamer that has on the cover: "Alpha Centauri: Greatest Game Ever?" - apparently not, as the Game of the Year was Homeworld. I also have the copy of PC Gamer that says "The Sims: Game of the Year - Already?" Then they go and vote for Deus Ex. Perhaps they're tired of eating their words.

[This message has been edited by JohnT (edited May 07, 2001).]

Comment

Again I LOVE this game. One thing all my villagers died in my four villages, plenty of food belief was OK around 500 - 1000 . Why did they die? I had them (supposedly) doin it in their huts making more villagers and even had a creche for them?? I converted one of Lethys villages and have sent half of them back to repopulate my first town (which I got my woodcutters place in ). I'm just waiting to see what will happen. My apes killed pink panther four times and lost to him once.(not bad??) Would it be a bad idea to convert my allies villages?
                  Thanks

------------------

Comment

quote:

Again I LOVE this game. One thing all my villagers died in my four villages, plenty of food belief was OK around 500 - 1000 . Why did they die? I had them (supposedly) doin it in their huts making more villagers and even had a creche for them?? I converted one of Lethys villages and have sent half of them back to repopulate my first town (which I got my woodcutters place in ). I'm just waiting to see what will happen. My apes killed pink panther four times and lost to him once.(not bad??) Would it be a bad idea to convert my allies villages?
                    Thanks

Darkknight: I assume you are in level 2. I'm not sure why all your villagers in 4 seperate villagers would die. It could be a glitch, but I know four other reasons why entire villagers could be lost.

Reason 1: This is the most likely. After you convert a village, most of the population heads to your temple to build a new section where the miracles will be displayed, plus a worship altar. You could be mistaking their mass departure for them all dying. But don't worry, after they complete the new temple section, they all return and continue with normal village life.

[Beware: below are spoilers].

Reason 2: In the third village on level 2, one of the silver story scroll quests involves your villagers getting sick because of some mysterious illness. You must solve this quest to restore the village to health, otherwise a large portion of the population will die. If you wish to know how to solve this, scroll down...
                    It turns out that your grain has been poisoned. You must remove all grain, and then heal the sick and dying villagers. With the increase heal miracle you can do this in about two casts. With the normal heal miracle, it takes about half a dozen casts to heal them all. Target the off coloured ones who are coughing and being sick.

Reason 3: In one of the villages in Khazar's region, there is some kind of witch doctor who is sacrificing villagers. If you kill this witch doctor, the entire village will die.

Reason 4: There is a circus kidnapping villagers in another village in Khazar's region. If you do not do as they wish, and find animals for them, but instead try to steal the villagers back, or harm the circus people, they will come down to the village and start killing people.

But then again, maybe your Creature is eating them all?

Hope I've helped.

Bkeela.

[This message has been edited by Bkeela (edited May 12, 2001).]
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Thanks, I did get rid of the grain and healed a few of them but I was caught up in converting another village. When I came back a load were dead and some guy got angry with me It wasn't that they were building me a altar site. I haven't gotten to the other villages so I'll try to forget
                      My creature does eat a few villagers every now and then and he does look suspiciously fat I haven't played yet today I bought this airport inc. game good enough but pretty complicated. There is a bug in my game, My creature is called Darkknight and the pink panther is called darkknight too I thought that my creature was black hearted for a while there.

Shane

------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X