This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy! This game is fun....

Now to find a Genesis Device..... I need my own planet.
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

Why must everything be so expensive?

Edit: That was just a pointless rant after I found that a Genesis Torp costs 20,000 credits.... Never mind me.... Game is great!
      [This message has been edited by Shadowstrike (edited April 19, 2001).]
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Shadowstrike on 04-19-2001 09:32 PM
        Why must everything be so expensive?

Edit: That was just a pointless rant after I found that a Genesis Torp costs 20,000 credits.... Never mind me.... Game is great!

Yeah, everything does tend to be expensive -- but there are definitely economies of scale. If you put all your credits into cargo holds early, you can start really racking up the cash though, but then you're usually underarmed and the Ferrengi just waste you.

The game defaults to starting each player out with a planet for some odd reason, but as I remember playing it back in "the day" when you were actually able to afford a Gen. Torpedo, a planet was a big deal... so I turned off the free planets for new players. When you start you're generally underfunded anyway and planets require an immense commitment to thrive.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

Dan
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by John-SJ on 04-19-2001 09:02 PM
          I looked at the gameplay instructions for TW2002, they are LONG! Is there a downloadable/printable version of the instructions available? I hate long stints of reading at my computer.

BTW Shadowstrike, if you want to use the Java version to connect go to your IE Tools->Options menu, select the Advanced tab, scroll down to the "Microsoft VM" topic and enable the 3 Java check boxes. Quit and restart your browser and you should be set to go.

John-SJ

Yes, they sure are. I think there's a big old text file that contains the very same docs. For some reason, the HTML docs package that John has up on the official game website are all squirrely and are rife with broken links, otherwise I'd have put them up. I'll see if I can't locate those docs and put them up on the game page some time tomorrow, time permitting.

Dan
          Firaxis Games, Inc.

Dan Magaha
          Firaxis Games, Inc.
          --------------------------

Comment

John, I've tried that. I'm pretty sure that there was a problem when I installed IE 5.5, and no matter if I reinstall it, it can't fix itself....

Getting that cargo space up..... Maybe I should go for fighters after that?
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

Shadowstrike,

Try installing a new Java VM from the Windoze update site.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well, I joined **somebody's** corp and that **somebody** took my fighters away while I was offline. Come back on to see that I had been toasted. I think the lesson here is to build up a bit longer and dictate some terms. I was also beyond Fed space and was a sitting duck, apparently.

Don't know. I'll try to build up over the next few days, but coming back on-line to see everything wasted was a bummer...
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                X