Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW is anyone playing a Tournanment game as well? I've almost broke 200 on 8X.

And yes, Jets can take land. It's great because you can launch a Planned Strike against them with only jets and then you don't even need to worry about weaker defense while they rest. Fortunately if they have no tanks or troops you can GS or AB them into the ground. In TEQ air units (fighters and bombers) can't take land though. Plus you need fighters to protect your bombers in attacks, which is a neat realistic element. There's a lot of silly elements too, like why they call all tanks Panzers, all troops Marines, and special forces (spies) SEALS.

Comment

Utopia anyone?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Utopia anyone?
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OmniGod on 03-20-2001 12:23 PM
          It truely pays to have a group of tough allies... we have just finished returning a visit from two nations much higher on the totem pole than us... without any defeats in battle. Therefore I suggest that in the next round we build interlinking offensive/defensive agreements to maximize the Apolyton Clan.

I'm all for it!
          But we should also discuss tactics & strategy - when to strike, who builds what, picking targets etc.

In standard "A" my li'l county Castle Gobs is presently consolidating at 2000+ acres, building up troops and tech before we will expand again. From what I've seen in "B" so far, it's pretty easy to overextend.
          Sometimes a big landgrab will only attract attention and if you don't have the means to back up your bravery, it's one step forward, two steps back.

Castle Gobs after 380 turns

Net Worth: 312K
          Land: 2058 acres
          Research: 9,9K
          Military: 45K troops/20K jets/60K turrets/20K tanks/10,7K spies/1 missile

In standard "B", Alamos is expecting the worst. Our enemies have announced that they are going to kill us. On top of that, in the last session we had several earthquakes and other natural disasters. And we couldn't get the extra 3 turns from the advertisement. Third time already that this has happened.

Alamos after 1046 turns

Net Worth: 1,24M
          Land: 4890 acres
          Research: 72,4K
          Military: 192½K troops/140K jets/390K turrets/100K tanks/74½ spies/1 missile

------------------
          If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

You have multies! Boo! Boooooooo!

Comment

Well all is well in the A game.... stats for myself and my 2 main def/off allies are:

Tripartite Stats:
              Troops: 388k
              Jets: 680k
              Turrets: 1,400k
              Tech: 210k
              Missles: Reportedly more than 15.... but can't confirm that at the moment.

Individually:

ApolytonAlpha
              Networth: 1,305,786
              Land: 5795
              Attack Win Percentage: 83.7%
              Defense Win Percentage: 12.5%

AmeriCanadians
              Networth: 1,259,526
              Land: 5796
              Attack Win Percentage: 73.1%
              Defense Win Percentage: 29.4%

PCO
              Networth: 1,216,288
              Land: 4906
              Attack Win Percentage: 73.3%
              Defense Win Percentage: 66.7%

It truely pays to have a group of tough allies... we have just finished returning a visit from two nations much higher on the totem pole than us... without any defeats in battle. Therefore I suggest that in the next round we build interlinking offensive/defensive agreements to maximize the Apolyton Clan.

Comment

Not in the same tourney! That wouldn't be fair (except in the Free For All, where it's expected).

------------------
                A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...

Comment

Alamos is no more . Some top player decided to declare war on us, most likely he got my country number from that Swede guy who had already sent me hate-mail. So I simply destroyed all my remaining buidings and land. OmniGod, I sent you the maximum foreign aid that was allowed.

So, a question! Does it often go like this, despite instructions from above of what is morally acceptable? If the answer is yes, I won't play again!

------------------

Comment

Mmmm yes there are some aggressive guys around who like to fight and bully, although you weren't an angel either. But I haven't let anyone who I couldn't shake off after a while, either because he got too big to attack me (SDI doesn't allow that) or because I got some help. Begging helps too.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

If they declare war GDI doesn't count.

------------------

Comment

If they declare war GDI doesn't count.
                        So with half of my empire gone after 3 attacks I wrote this one off as a learning experience.

------------------

Comment

Today Swirve's advertisements crashed my computer 2 times to the point that I had to reboot .

------------------

Comment

I'm suspecting your love for the game is cooling down rapidly.

I ended at the 101 spot today, just short of the top 100 goal I set for myself. I made two landgrabs for 700 acres and I sold goods worth $135 million. (I had some backlog left to sell)

Things are looking good, the oil price firmed again, while the food price is stable while prices for tech points (on which I spend much lots of money) are falling.

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

What’s all this silence here? I’d like to have some people to listen to my boast.

Come on Ribannah, don’t these setbacks knock you down. Remember that there’s always the next game to revenge yourself.

Net Worth: 2898K
                              Population: 66K
                              Land: 6649 acres
                              Research: 260K
                              Troops: 560K
                              Jets: 751K
                              Turrets: 820K
                              Tanks: 200K
                              Spies: 150K
                              Missiles: 22

Positively, tech prices continued their slide but negatively, food and oil prices dropped as well, so the one cancelled the other.

Comment

If you lay low, keep your army up and your spies you have nothing to fear... once you attack someone... they come back at you.... but this is where my team has really helped... let's check out apolyton's stats

The Clan:

Troops: 1,018,883
                                Jets: 1,399,016
                                Turrets: 1,743,857
                                Tanks: 356,063
                                Missles: Lots... more than a single country can take...

Leaders of the Clan

Troops: Phalencia
                                Jets: ApolytonAlpha
                                Turrets: AmeriCanadians
                                Tanks: Phalencia

Networth: $6,859,787
                                Average Networth: $1,143,297

Leaders of the Clan

Networth: ApolytonAlpha

Total Land: 24,587
                                Average Land: 4097

Leaders of the Clan