Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could sweep in and destroy your army But I don't think that I will.. I am playing in the B league as well for practise...

I'm the Torontonians (#13689)
    Rank 9315
    Net Worth = $264,555
    Turns - 437

General Stats:
    1723 Acres, Population 26,240

Military:
    Spies 11,272
    Troops 36,462
    Jets 40,308
    Turrets 59,153
    Tanks 10,100

Tech:
    Military 500
    Medical 500
    Business 500
    Residential 500
    Agricultural 500
    Warfare 550
    Conditioning 500
    Weapons 1000
    Industrial 1000
    Spy 400
    SDI 600
    [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited March 03, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by OmniGod on 03-03-2001 03:37 PM
      I could sweep in and destroy your army But I don't think that I will.. I am playing in the B league as well for practise...

You would have to declare war first, I'm "protected"
      My best techs are Residential and Business, both at 108%.
      Omnigod, how many construction sites have you built? I have 26 now.

------------------
      If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
      A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
      Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Actually I just started building them... I think I'm only at 12.. or so... been building my army and tech

Comment

Hmm, I have one research partner now, but so far it's a one-way street (150 points for them, 3 for me). Bummer.

I have played turns 151-200. The empire grew 50% in size, and our military strength has doubled. Nobody has dared to attack us yet, but something strange happened: 3 buildings mysteriously disappeared, without any message whatsoever. At this moment in time we have:

617 acres , worth 69K, rank #11749
          3825 spies , 6000 troops, 2500 jets, 5000 turrets, 1000 tanks, still no missiles
          2723 research points (business and residential at 109%)

We have put 10,000 food and 15,000 oil on the market, so who knows, we may be rich, rich, rich tomorrow!

------------------
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...

Comment

I had several tough days, first that cowardly attack, then another landgrab the following day and above that I sold nothing on the market. Luckily I had safety valve under a daily budget surplus but I did fell back a little.

That bastard I mentioned before was hit by several missiles, he backed down and accepted my trade pact offer so that he could pay the restitution. Yet so far he neither send the restitution nor an apology but I don’t feel like pushing him on it.(he lost several hundreds of acres in the missiles attacks) Instead I made a request that he would become my research ally to make things up.

Strange? Not really, I don’t research but he does (he has 800 labs) so this would be a one way gain for me.

Since those knocks I made two landgrabs to compensate my losses and I also had more luck in selling my food&oil so that I could purchase more armaments and tech and finance new construction. I’m back up 10 spots to the 193rd place. I hope on bumper earnings from the market tomorrow since I still have a leftover from previous days of around 400.000 bushels. (on a price of $43/bushel it should earn me $7.2 million next to some $15 million from today’s production – that’s a lot of weapons)

IIRC networth is around 900k, nearing the 1 million and land over 3800 acres.

Ribannah, dump research allies who don't research ASAP. They're profiting from your labour and I should know: I'm parasiting from 2 research allies right now.
            [This message has been edited by Colon (edited March 04, 2001).]
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

My troops valiantly helped to defend our new ally Camelot 2025 against the evil Nomatic. What a battle! Our losses were minimal: 33 troops, 45 turrets and 9 tanks :cool;. The counter-attack was thwarted by the message, that Nomatic was no longer in our range .... something must have happened to them

Meanwhile, we crossed the 100K mark of Net Worth on turn 250!!
              The market was a big success, we sold oil (and excess food) for $40 and bought right back for $20. We are trying this again

The empire, after 250 turns:

819 acres, worth 100K, population 10K, rank 11347
              6308 spies, 10000 troops, 7500 jets, 7500 turrets, 2000 tanks, still no missiles (5% chance each turn!)
              4K research points (business and residential at 110%, most others at 105%/95%)

Hopefully we will have two offensive allies tomorrow, so that a first attempt at land grabbing can be made

A question: will the spoils, if any, be shared with our offensive allies?

------------------

Comment

So far I haven't gotten any spoils from my offensive allies' attacks. That's okay because the offensive ally that does the most attacking hardly ever wins anyway.

I'm doing great in my tourney game . I just made a landgrab x 2 on some fellow who was just asking for it with all the land he had and his lack of defenses. I'm offering him some money in return, and so far he's being a sport.

Comment

OmniGod, are you still in the game?

Report of the day

Defended Camelot 2025 once more against Nomatic (tiny skirmish).
                  Nashef attacked our other ally Balduvia which cost us ... 2 troops and 1 turret
                  Unfortunately Balduvia decided to retaliate and failed, we lost 168 troops and 126 jets in the process. So I decided to take revenge and sent a spy to Nashef, who succeeded in chasing away 443 troops

Without an obvious land fatty in our range, we went on exploring again and added 50% more acres to the empire. The army was doubled once more, and research is going well (especially for our research allies).

After 331 turns these are our assets:

1206 acres, worth 164K, population 16K, rank 10610
                  11116 spies, 17500 troops, 15000 jets, 17000 turrets, 5000 tanks, and our first missile - this will scare them!!
                  7K research points (business and residential at 112%, most others at 106%/94%)

------------------

Comment

The past 2 days have been horrendous for me, I received 6 attacks, 4 of them today, 3 of which by one country. Even after using today’s turns, I’ve fallen back to the 211 spot and that while I had nearly reached the 180’s.
                    If that wasn’t bad enough, two attempts for landgrab by me failed yesterday, giving additional blasts to my self-confidence. I had $30million in my treasury but I wasted a lot of that to repair my damage.
                    I even was too scared to make anymore attempts for landgrab today and I explored instead.(it's less risky but it also yields less)

Ending today’s game I had 2880 acres, a 1000 acres less than at my peak, and a networth of $912k also several 10 thousands less.

Riba,
                    IMHO there isn’t really need for landgrabbing until your exploration/turn is at 10-15 acres a day. Even less is sustainable.
                    [This message has been edited by Colon (edited March 06, 2001).]
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Colon on 03-06-2001 05:00 PM
                      Riba,
                      IMHO there isn’t really need for landgrabbing until your exploration/turn is at 10-15 acres a day. Even less is sustainable.

Yes, as figured as much. And my empire is a Republic, with a bonus on exploration, so for the time being that's what we'll do. On the other hand, today I passed the well-known lands of "gfdhfs", They had twice my acres and yet the same networth, very tempting ....
                      But the game seems to favour defence, and my offensive allies' troops were not ready .

I seem to be far ahead in espionage compared to my neighbours, so they pretty much have to guess my strength and are afraid to attack me (so far ...)

------------------

Comment

I'm cruising along still... cleared the 100,000 jets; 100,000 turrets; 50,000 troops and 30,000 tank mark. I've started to be sneaky but no one is coming back at me... which is fine by me They'd meet a little resistance anyways... I'm out looking for allies any one want to ally up with me.. I can offer defense and offense and spies, all I ask for is some tech help Can never have enough of that

Torontonian Leader,
                        OmniGod

Oh and by the way, I've got nuclear weapons and have no problem using them
                        [This message has been edited by OmniGod (edited March 06, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Riba,

Depends what strategy you're using I guess. Remember you also get buildings, cash, and tech in a grab so if you're short on money it can be useful as well.

Edit: Also it's fun.
                          [This message has been edited by Eternal (edited March 07, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Eternal on 03-07-2001 12:24 AMRemember you also get buildings, cash, and tech in a grab so if you're short on money it can be useful as well.

Well, I'm not short on money. The Oil running is going great, I buy for $20 and sell for $40
                            And my construction industry can erect 16 buildings a turn

OmniGod, I'm about to say goodbye to some of my present allies (they have fallen behind and don't specialize), so I'll make you an offer soon. I'm doing plenty of research (275 labs so far) which should compensate for your empire being larger. I also have lots of spies: they are the only thing coming out of my Industrial Complexes.

The name of my empire #16517 is Alamos (Castle Gobs was a trial run).

------------------

Comment

Here, here!!!

Comment

I won't say where the majority of the weapons are coming from but let's just say that nobody is pissing me off I love to flex my muscle occassionally and cast off the infidels who spy on my nation... hhahahahah... that wasn't an evil laugh just a half hearted snicker.

Comment

Working...
                                X