Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for that site address pchang, I downloaded the HD version last night, got it unzipped, and installed.
    Now I am going to go back to techworm to make a new boot disk (erased the last in frustration).
    You will know if I am sucessful, because you won't see me post for at least 6 months (it is hard to find the time to post when MoM is in the house =P).

-Chaos

Comment

• Do not overlook the 11 death book strategy. Just sit in your town accumulating manna until you can summon a wraith (adjust magic slider bars to boost manna at the expense of research and spell casting). This one unit can take over just about any town you find (even an enemy wizard's home city). In addition, you leave behind a ready made horde of undead defenders. BTW, undead settlers don't do anything and undead summoned creatures cost a lot of extra manna to support. Might as well disband them. Lastly, because wraiths fly, you can go anywhere with them.

PS
      Richard,
      Get animist guild, and military building until you can build fantastic stable. This will allow you to build the griffin unit. Since this unit can fly, you will be able to attack Myrror with them.
      PPS
      Richard,
      Life magic gives you a planar travel spell which will allow you to send a stack from Arcanus to its corresponding spot on Myrror and vice versa.
      [This message has been edited by pchang (edited March 21, 2001).]
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• GAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Ok, here is my present situation (with the techworm bootdisk).

I can't run the game from cd because i get the unable to locate cd error.

I can't run the game even using the download version that is entirely on my HD with techworm, here is what happened:

I tried the Custom Startup with mouse support, cloaking, no TSR's, no CD support, and the rest were yes (can't remember all of em), got to the A: prompt, switched to C:, then tried to cd to my game's directory for the exe file, and got the message that the game was causing divide overflow (I know that DZ.com on the techworm is supposed to fix that, but i don't know how to load it after the custom startup.

Then i tried to do the step by step startup and after many attempts (trial and error on what to load) i get to the a prompt, then switch to c, and try to cd to the directory for the exe command, and i get the bad file name reply (or whatever dos calls it). As a matter of fact, i can't get any file name to work at this point - i even tried to /dir my c drive, and got a buncha gibberish -fonts that i have never seen the likes of before -( this is with the step by step setup)...

I admit, I have a rudimentary understanding of MSDOS at best, so please try not to choke on your Doritos while reading about my feeble attemps to do this.

I AM NOT GIVING UP THIS TIME!!

Any ideas?

-Chaos
        [This message has been edited by Chaos Spawn (edited March 21, 2001).]

Comment

• There is a lot of good advice on page 4 of this thread. For configuring DOS to run this game.
          [This message has been edited by pchang (edited March 21, 2001).]
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• MY advice

Comment

• OK, the resident MoM expert returns ...

pchang: Yep, it is good if you want a VERY guick conquest, but ever tried 11 life books? Choose "incarnation" spell from the start, and preferably high elves as your race. You get at least 12 mana/turn right from the beginning, and so it doesn't take a very long time to summon Torin. Then give him heroism, and when you get more mana intake, bless and endurance. After that, just ravage every place you can with him. In the beginning he isn't as quick as the wraiths but he is pretty much the ultimate fighter unit in the game. After a while you will get some nice artifacts, and perhaps even flight spell: Speed 10, flying. 50 attack in battles. Kills stackfuls of great drakes easily.

Spawn: Write: DZ /Install . The problem is, the program rarely works, so don't count on it. But i don't know what is going on if you get gibberish when using dir. Try writing "dir c: > dir.txt" and spying the file from Windows, it could be of some help. And of course, because I have never seen a dir command giving out gibberish before, I'd like to see what the gibberish looks like .

BTW, this thread should be closed...
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

pchang: Yep, it is good if you want a VERY guick conquest, but ever tried 11 life books? Choose "incarnation" spell from the start, and preferably high elves as your race. You get at least 12 mana/turn right from the beginning, and so it doesn't take a very long time to summon Torin. Then give him heroism, and when you get more mana intake, bless and endurance. After that, just ravage every place you can with him. In the beginning he isn't as quick as the wraiths but he is pretty much the ultimate fighter unit in the game. After a while you will get some nice artifacts, and perhaps even flight spell: Speed 10, flying. 50 attack in battles. Kills stackfuls of great drakes easily.

Spawn: Write: DZ /Install . The problem is, the program rarely works, so don't count on it. But i don't know what is going on if you get gibberish when using dir. Try writing "dir c: > dir.txt" and spying the file from Windows, it could be of some help. And of course, because I have never seen a dir command giving out gibberish before, I'd like to see what the gibberish looks like .

This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X