• Show
Clear All

• Kyle
    replied
    Who's Peter Englund?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Have you read his books Carolus? IMHO they are simply superb.
    [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited February 26, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 02-20-2001 03:33 PM
    EU simply must be an accurate gamne even historians plays it! ( www.peterenglund.com/nu.htm , the site is in swedish but still!).

Geez, even Peter Englund plays it?! It's gotta be good! A word of warning, though, for all those not lucky enough to be born Swedes ( ). He says it's buggy and that you must download the latest patch to enjoy the game.

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Ramo, reading the manual would be nice

Chow, after some test I have on Monday, I'll probably write a review for CGN (where I run the EU part) and I'll make a new topic here.

Leave a comment:

• Chow Yun Fat
    replied
    Any players caring to post a brief review? Just about a page will do. And please open a new topic for that.
    I know that I can go to CGN or EU forum to look at the review. But a review and the spawned discussion will be the best chance to get a EU forum here.
    I like to know whether it looks more like Imperialism or more like Civilization. And which is the most important aspect in the game, Military, Geopolitics, Economic, and/or Science?
    One more question is on its replayability. Will you be playing it after two months?
    Please remember to open a new topic for the answer!

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    You do not gain control of a province by conquering it. That is, in the Civ2/Imperialism way. You must either annex them completely (absolutely destroying them, controlling all or most of their territory/capital) or get a province via diplomatic negotiation.

Select the province, then right click and pick Offer Peace. If you've destroyed them, it will allow you to annex them. If not, you can demand tribute, which in your case would be the province of your desire.

Can be annoying sometimes, but it can also be advantageous to you if you're getting thrashed.
    [This message has been edited by Kyle (edited February 25, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Kyle (edited February 25, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Ramo's DL
    replied
    WOOHOO, I HAVE IT!!!

Just started la grande campagne with France.

I have a question for y'all:

I just crushed Alsace-Lorraine, and have huge armies occupying both provinces, but the game still says that the provinces "belong" to Lorraine (which shouldn't be autonomous any longer). What do I need to do to annex them?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Yes, thats the swedish name, it is courland in english though.

Leave a comment:

• -- but not Snapcase
    Guest replied
    Hey, I only know it as Kurland. I'm sure you do too.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Are you sure it isn't courland (as opposed to courtland)

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    YAY! I got it... playing Poland, kicking ass! Annexed Courtland and Pskov along with taking Tuva and Novgorod. I also got Silesia, Moldavia, and 2 Austrian provinces as well as 2 Crimean provinces. And only Courtland was an aggressive war on my part .

Leave a comment:

• weird god
    replied
    this game is awesome! i can´t stop playing it and it made me taking a civ2-break for more then a month now, a new record. my first game as portugal took me about 3 weeks to finish.
    you ask for a small glimpse into the game. well, AARs far better then mine can be found at www.europa-universalis.com
    actually i´m playing austria on very hard/agressive level and have taken half of france, whole italy except for venice and genua, hungary, bohemia and lots of the small german nations. austria is a reformed state and it´s my self-set goal to wipe out the catholic nations from europe (heading especially for spain, hehe). i also want to go for the balkanies but the different religions down there (orthodox, protestant, catholic, moslmes, reformed) can´t be pleased and would cuase revolts. plus they can´t support large armies (rough terrain, small population)which makes them excellent to set up a good defence against the turks which are heading for hungary. for those reasons i will only conquer (if possible) those countries which are either reformed,protestant or catholic and outbuild my defences while concnetrating on spain, eastern and northern europe.
    austria is not a big oversea-empire and esp. portugal and spain got a headstart, but i could establish some good running colonies in deleware, isle royal, havanna, guadeloupe, hudson bay, java, philipines and last but not least in sibir where unexplored riches still wait for my expansion.

this is the current situation, and it eats me up all day, all night...

------------------
    god made weed.....you don´t really think he fails sometimes?

weird god, chief of EUROPA
    visit us: www.multispieler.de

Leave a comment:

• Grumbold
    replied
    I'll be happy to talk about it once I have played it (estimated delivery - due today ), but it would make more sense to look at the posts from some of our continental friends who have had the game for longer. The EU "After Action Reports" on the home website are simply stunning. If that doesn't wean you off Civ/CtP and eager to try EU then nothing will. Having seen the early CtP2 reviews I'm reluctant to make the same mistake myself and assume after one days play I know everything. Reading the AAR's from good players who are editing the files to allow them to play tiny minor nations is inspiring.

Leave a comment:

• ravagon
    replied

Um. Question for anyone who already has EU (Europeans and, I guess, as of today, any North Americans).
    In one of the threads about an EU forum in the Apolyton section, MarkG kinda agreed to post an EU review if we could find anybody interested in doing one.

Any takers?

I was thinking of something along the lines of a brief description of how it plays, maybe a few screenshots and a section going through maybe a small part of the Grand Campaign...

What does everyone think?

It would increase EU's profile around here and may spark more interest in those who don't really know about it yet or who are thinking of getting it.

Leave a comment:

• Gwap
    replied
    Well... even though I just live in the UK and am (thank {insert higher being of choice or non-religious indicator of good fortune here}, hmmm being PC is rather verbose ) neither British nor Americans, I have placed my order, and have confirmation that it has shipped (or at least the free postage has shipped, EU is to follow ?)))

Still can't wait, I'll be jumping the postwoman tomorrow, so if I don't return within a few days, I got done for harassment

------------------
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
    [This message has been edited by Gwap (edited February 21, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X