No announcement yet.

Strange victory in Master of Orion 2 !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange victory in Master of Orion 2 !!

My civilization was pretty big, but I let down weapons a bit. So my fleet was no match to the psilons!
    And I hadn`t enough votes in the Council.

The psilons wiped out three planets of mine.
    And they destroyed my capital!

Then 3 antaran frigates approached my largest world - only 4 turns left - but I only had a starbase for defence. I had no chance.

At the same time the large psilon fleet attacked my second largest world - in 3 turns.

Using my last money I rush buyed a cuiser, scrambled together 2 frigates left, and decided to attack the psilon fleet in the 3th turn!
    The battle was hopeless. I self destructed my last ship and the battle was lost - and the game too, I thought.

Immediately after the battle, a new election in the council took place. And guess what - the stupid AI elected me to lead the galaxy!

I won the damn game when I was down.

------------------
    For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.
    For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.

Once, I was being beat by the Sakkra. Lost my best industrial world in the early attacks. I was lagging in tech also. I gathered every ship and attacked the Antarean home world. Of course, that is a victory condition. It seems hard to believe that the Sakkra would cease fire if this was "real life".

Comment

Talking of weird voctories...
      In my last game a few days ago I conquered the entire galaxy with absolutely inferior ships. I mean, my very best battleship was equiped with 4 mass-catapults and the weakest AI opponent was shooting around with Disruptors and Plasmaguns! But I was wise enough to exploit my two only advantages I had. I had bettter shields and a better computer. That meant total destruction for the others...

It is very rewarding to annihilate a fleet twice the size of yours without ever being hit once. I single hit of their guns would have been enough to destroy a battleship of mine btw.

------------------
      Mathias' Civ II Page
      http://members.nbci.com/thalys
      The Lost Geologist Blog
      http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X