• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is wrong with 7kingdoms2?
    uha - peace. hedonism. dope.

Comment

Here's some cool ideas for more AoE sequels-
      1. Colonization type game, have to deal with Indians and other Europeans.
      2. post apocolypse, "The Postman" the economics would work out fine.
      "Beans, beans the magical fruit,
      the more you eat, the more you toot" - anonymous

Comment

Well, I guess I'll have to go get it FF8 was such a disappointment. I hope this isn't one too...
        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Seven Kingdoms 2 is a major disappointment for me because it's not diverse enough.

Humans and whatever they're called.
          Then you can only build a handful of different buildings.

Sucks. Not worth the $40 i paid for it.

BTW, I just tried some of the cheat codes of AOK. hehhe, you can actually get a viper to drive around with. Funny

Comment

Any idea what the [realistic] requirmeents are? Im on a p200mmx with 64mb ram and a matrox mystique 220. Do you think it would be a goer? Any advice on otherpeoples expereices appreciated .....
            Peter H.

Comment

PH:

The AoK Heaven Strategy forum had a discussion of computer speed/performance, from what they said there your 200/64 should be fine. You can check out the discussion at http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/a...dnumber=008438 for more details.

John-SJ

Comment

My friend loaded AoK on my computer for me.. So far I haven't been terribly impressed, the buildings are massive! the castle alone takes up a quarter of the screen.
                I know they were looking for realism, but its just not practical in a RTS game to have something take up that much room.
                Since I didn't buy the game, I don't have the book that went along with it.. but I haven't seen any real improvements over AoE in either units or buildings.
                Instead of making truely unique units for the game, they just changed the numbers on purely unoriginal concepts to give the impression of strength.

To compare this with starcraft.. Units in starcraft were so different that if you bunched 30 varied units together (bear with me) like AoK they would die faster than in waves of 10 that were made up of similar units. AoK seems to require much less skill in its build soldiers and fling them against the walls of your enemy fighting.

More later
                ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Well damn, I'm really trying to hate this game but the fact still remains that I played it until 2:30 this morning
                  ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Do you play on the zone, ghen?

If so, we should play a game once.

Comment

or twice or three times... oh **** lets just start right now!

p.s. j/k lol
                      ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Just some comments:

AoK is clearly the best non blizzard RTS out there right now, TS, TA:K and HW don't come close for multiplayer (though I hear they have pretty good single player). AoK is designed for the casual gamer, not the hardcore. It is a long game but not that intense (at least early). It has a very good interface with one major exception: NO ATTACK MOVE!!! I just remapped patrol to attack and use it instead. I also had to remap the center screen on last command to spacebar (for some reason it was on home)

All in all a good game

Comment

a bump for the greatest RTS game of 1999

Comment

Maybe best game of the year? I'd say so!

Comment

Working...
                            X