Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did CivTots get changed to Advanced Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did CivTots get changed to Advanced Civ?

or is CivTots(sorry, its an inside joke between me and Dad(Civ tater-tots) been reclasified as a senario pack and Advanced Civ=CivIII?

Okay, let me tell you the saga of Test of Time.

Microprose announced this and basically it is an facelift for Civ2 (that's right, another add-on except its a whole another game) - more 3d look and more updated look, but basically the very same game.

We heard about this ToT a long time ago like in the middle of summer or something, and we have heard NOTHING about it ever since. Microprose has not said a word about it since. Therefore, the conclusion is that ToT is vaporware. Vaporware means that a company announces that they're working on something but it never really happens.

ToT will probably never happen since Microprose has milked the Civ2 market to death. MGE is probably the last we'll see of the Civ2 generation.

Now, the Advanced Civ thing? We have never heard of it. As of now, Microprose seems to have NO plans on further advancing the Civ genere, so it seems like it's all up to Activison for CTP and Firaxis for SMAC.

CTP is basically Civ3.
    SMAC is basically the sequel to Civ2.

Hope that clears things up. If I'm wrong in anything, let me know.
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

I think that TOT is being produced, and the Microprose has not given up on Civ yet, it's just that they are a bit unorganized and their PR is awfull. Can you believe that we only saw ONE preview of Civ2:MGE??

Markos, Apolyton CS

Comment

I think Advanced Civ is an old clone published by Activision or Sierra or something like that.:-)
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Advanced Civ was a clone..hunt the web..you'll find the demo...my opinion...well i have NEVER seen the full thing..but demo..hmmm somethings are best left unsaid
          I'm not paranoid I KNOW they're watching me
          EdCase

Comment

Advanced Civ was the title of the add on to the Avalon Hill Board Game Civilization. They produced a computer version of it by the same name which sold about 200,000 copies. It plays exactly like their board game. It is a precomputer version of Civilization.

Comment

TOT is still alive. I know because it is available for preorder using Chips and Bits. I have links set up, so that you can buy it online at

http://members.xoom.com/Civ2/

it's right at the top of the main page.
              ~ garyl@sidgames.com ~
              SidGames Team
              http://www.sidgames.com

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem as though MPS is run from out of a small basement somewhere. Or perhaps the backroom of a pub.

Comment

They definetly need a competent webmaster, that's for sure.:-)
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                  X